ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who has a Mac?

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
If you don't and you've come in this thread to say stupid comments like "MACS ARE s**t, PC 4 WIN"...go away, no-one cares.

What Mac have you got and what made you choose Mac?

I've just swapped my 24" iMac for a Mac Pro and have my MacBook up for sale in the sale section!

I wasn't getting much use out of my MacBook so probably going to get a MacBook Pro in a couple of months :)

SchwepTek™
I have an early 2007 model iMac (the white one).

I always used to be windows-based until my dad gave me his Mac Mini a few years back. I loved it and am forever changed! lol. The whole design of the hardware, the looks of the software and how everything smoothly opens and closes is what makes it for me.

The iMac is amazing and I'm hoping to get a macbook in the next couple of months. Does get a bit slow now and then even though its maxxed out on RAM.

I also bought a Mac Pro with a mate as we built a small recording studio. Its AWESOME! :D

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
Ahhh, i love my Mac Pro! I need to get a monitor because at the moment its running through my samsung tv but not at the best of resolutions!

everyday i worked with windows as a job (it manager) but since changing jobs to an advertising company i just dont see why i'd use windows anymore...my macs are sooooo reliable and its constantly turned on, never slowing down, never freezing and needing to be restarted...p.s whats a virus? :)

SchwepTek™
Hahaha completely agree. I am going to have to install Windows on the Macbook though for when RSTuner arrives... ;)

I've got an Imac G5 with isight. HDD shat itself a while back though so I really need to take it to be repaired sadly its not a straight forward job on that variant or I'd do it myself :(

I have had a MacBook and now have a 20" iMac. Reason I went from PC to Mac is that I was fed up with Microsoft O/S and wanted something more stable. Another factor is work was doing a deal with Apple on corporate purchases of Mac hardware.

Would I buy a PC again....no fooking chance Mac's all the way for me now:)

Storm Grey 200
I have a G4 Quicksilver with a processor upgrade, but it became to slow for music-ky things, so now i have a 17" Macbook Pro. Cant get enough... :)

B

Brown.

I just have the run of the mill 120GB 13icnch mac book, had it a few months now, upgraded the ram from 1gb to 4gb, all i can say is i dont know how i put up with a pc for so long. it gets abused for nion 12 hours a day and has never batted an eylid :)

133, 182, Kangoo 182
24" iMac G5 with 23" Cinema Display at work and only Mac at home is my 2.2GHz MacBook.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I have this old skool G4 Imac :cool:

imacg4.gif

Had it years now without any probs, apart from not being able to run my ipod touch through it.

Monaco Ph2 172
I have a Power Mac G3 and a Power Mac G5. Also have a Bondi Blue iMac in the loft that doesn't get used any more - although it still does work!

I have used macs for work since my first job I started in 1995. Had a PC back then but soon saw the light after using macs for work. Bought the original iMac the day it was launched in the UK (1998!), and that served me well. Got given the G3 power mac by someone I know that works for a large Apple reseller as they were throwing them out! Also got the G5 from my current work when we upgraded last year.

The other half has a 14inch iBook, but she is selling that and getting one of the latest MacBooks soon. Didn't take me long to convert her to the light-side... ;)

LY 182 FF CUPPED
2007 iMac ( white) 20'' inch, 2GB RAM.
Wacom graphics tablet
Razer diamond back mouse
Apple bluetooth wireless mini keyboard.
Airport express to my HIFI
Itouch
Ipod mini
Ipod 80GB

why????........because I can.

I often Use Photoshop for upto 6 hours a day at work on a PC and have done for several years, the amount of times it stalls, crashes, slows down etc etc
causes me headaches.
Someone suggested Apple for graphics + video editing etc

Converted to Apple last year.....will never ever ever look back.
Ok I might not have the fastest Mac alive but it works and works and works...CS3 has never dropped out on me ..not even once.
I use imovies day to day, although I have Finalcut installed..imovies serves the purpose well.

Aperture 2.1 use everyday ( have used and tried lightroom) but Aperture is so simple.
Handbrake is used daily too, + iTunes + Skype to my mate on his macbook in Kosovo.
Everytime I turn my iMac on ....1 year down the line......it becomes part of me, and its the feeling I know why I made the switch to Apple.

simply because they JUST WORK

24" iMac G5 with 23" Cinema Display at work and only Mac at home is my 2.2GHz MacBook.

I am so jealous! I would LOVE to be able to use macs at work!!!

I have a 'black'book, upped the ram to 2gb (thats the max on this version of it) had a 12" ibook before which was excellent, last me nearly three years and the logic board failed 2 days before applecare ran out :):):) result, they replaced it and i passed onto parents, my macbook not been so reliable as the ibook (two hard drive failures and a motherboard!!!!) but i think i've just been unlucky lol wouldn't swap them for anything!! :) especially as some pieces of software are really starting to just work, i.e. PERFECT sync between ical, google calendar and my work outlook calendar, thats been the dream for a few years and now ...it just works!!!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Current home machine is a G4 powerbook (1.5Ghz) - although I still use my G4 quicksilver (733 Mhz) tower quite a bit too - and that's freaking ancient!

Rav4
I have a first generation macbook pro, so the single core duo.

Still works perfectly.

Yes, the screen could have been brighter, but it's awesome.

It's one of the ones that came with a 256 g/card instead of the 128.

Ram can only be upgraded to 2gig :(

I am running leopard, and it runs so much quicker and more efficiently than it did with tiger.

Also, I love using pages instead of word, it's so much nicer and smoother.

Can't wait to get a large screen, maybe the dell 2707 and hook it up.

So lucky I got it cheap, as otherwise, the £1300 + for a MBP is a bit scary.

106 GTi
Mac Pro with a 30 inch Cinema Display at work.

MacBook Pro, a G4 and one of the early Imacs at home.

Els

Inferno 182 Cup
I know its old but I got a Ibook G4, took it for nowt from work :)

Also had the cheek to make them buy me more ram LOL

LOVE MACS, thats what I fix in work. CLASS machines!