ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who smokes

Do you smoke in your car?

• Total voters
  260% JCW
I don't smoke but its easy to see the financial gains...

Over £10 billion was made in tax from smoking last year, and it cost the NHS £5 billion in smoking related treatments, health care ect. Thats a nice profit of £5 billion.

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
I'm quite anti-smoking but only when it directly affects me, smokers can do what they want in their own houses, but keep your toxic smoke to yourselves.... In thier own cars I'd say it is an equivalent risk to talking on a mobile phone.

I'd also like to point out I'm not stupid or require killing ;)

Forgot to mention, I never actually said it was dangerous - Is talking on a mobile in a car really that bad? ;)

Have you ever been a smoker? Obviously that's a loaded question, as you clearly haven't and therefore clearly don't know what you're talking about. I'm not being nasty or obtuse, it's just that you clearly have no clue about driving and smoking. It's about as dangerous as opening a window.

Never smoked, correct. But I'm fairly sure it is a dangerous activity.

Last edited:
  Jap Box
I dont smoke but let friends smoke in the car (Only in the front seat) and aslong as the ashtray isnt used. Cars got fag burns on the seats anyway from when I bought it and it took me ages of bleaching the ashtray back clean and odourless from the last owner.

Clio Trophy
you would think 8 wheels are safer than 4. so picture this....

going down the street in your roller blades with ur ipod on in one hear. mobile at the other while smoking a cig. police drives past and doesnt even bat an eye lid.

im safer in my car lol

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
funny this thread actually because i had my first fag in my car the other day but the only reason i did it was because i had a 4 hour drive and didnt want to stop. otherwise i get out or atleast open the door and sit facing outside the car.

I smoke in my car all the time and my non-smoking mates don't notice any smell. The key is to keep the window open.

2.2 bar shed.
Pretty disgusting habit but I think through the years of campaigning, price inflation ect... there are a lot less people smoking especially youngsters.

Not sure if it's just me that's noticed it.

Dunno about that. Was out with some friends last night and 8/11 people smoked. I dont think all the campaigning has really made much of a difference at all. Might just be my friends though...?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Smoking's cool. If you disagree, you're too uncool to realise.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
i smoke, never in the car or in my house. nothing worse than going into someones house/car which smells like a council estate.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Dan, are you really one to talk to me about taking man pole, really? lol

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
for those below 21 yrs old. If u stop smoking now the damage done so far is mimimal. Your lung function will be as more or less as good as those who have not smoked at all. Continue to smoke beyond this age then the rate of lung failure will be so much quicker than a nonsmoker whos lungs are just getting old.

PH1 iceburg
I hate the smell and considering 99.9% of the "people" at my work (prison) smoke i cant stand it.

350z, Subaru Legacy
I love the "disgusting habbit" comments (always get these from people who have never smoked) - personally I think picking your nose or not washing your hands after using the toilet are far and away more 'disgusting'. Smoking is unhealthy and smells yeah. I love how people don't have half as much a problem with beer though, shall we start adding up how much drunk people cost the tax payer? Any police/paramedics fancing piping in for this one? And don't get me started on attitudes to any of the illegal stuff... As said, another thread for that.

And for the poll, I don't smoke in my car, have done in other cars. No ashtray use/ window open = it's fine. Infact I had a Mk6 fiesta from new, put 50k miles on it - loads of smoking in it, never used an air freshener, Yet people always commented that it still had its new car smell.

BMW F21 125d
I don't smoke anymore, used to and used to smoke in my cars, but now as an ex-smoker, which to a smoker is the worst ever person, I find it disgusting.

I also wouldnt buy a 2nd hand car if it had obvious nicotine stains in the roof lining.

Merc
Do doobies count? Nah just joking. Don't smoke and strongly detest it and the unconsiderate smokers. Wish they'd apply the same no smoking in public places laws as in the UK over here! Long overdue imo.

197 FF Glacier White
Have you ever been a smoker? Obviously that's a loaded question, as you clearly haven't and therefore clearly don't know what you're talking about. I'm not being nasty or obtuse, it's just that you clearly have no clue about driving and smoking. It's about as dangerous as opening a window.

Or eating an apple, changing a CD, messing around with your ipod, opening crisps, having an intense conversation with someone next to you, kids dicking about in the rear seats, old blind gits, etc etc the list goes on! Anti smokers will always be the way they are, I don't take any notice although I'm considerate enough not to smoke around people who don't, even if they say its ok.

i don't smoke in my car, my choice, the same goes for my home, again, my choice. I also don't drop fag butts which I know a lot of smokers do, that annoys me as does any littering.

Daft thread this, it was always only going to go one way, a cat fight!