ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who uses Msn Messenger on there Mobile ? My Sony Ericsson C905 is pissing me off now

*Another rant by me*

Lol :)

Does anyone on here use there mobile for Msn/Windows Messenger at all ?

As i currently use it on my Sony Ericsson C905 but i have been having problems with it cutting off a lot :(

It comes up on screen data problem server lost please contact provider.

So i call Orange and they are no help at all :(

Say its a 3rd party problem or a problem with the internet connection which is provided by them.

They have tried sending new settings to me in a text message to save and store on phone to no avail :(

Grrr :evil:

I was gonna try and download msn messnger back to my mobile but Orange couldn't tell me where to download it from.

I've tried Sony Ericssons website with no luck.

The Msn Messenger download on the Orange website is of no use to me neither as my phone aint in the drop down list :(

If anyone can help it'd be much appreciated.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Re: Who uses Msn Messenger on there Mobile ? My Sony Ericsson C905 is pissing me off

IMPS stands for Instant Messaging and Presence Service. It is an OMA enabler for Instant Messaging and Presence. The Wireless Village consortium developed the first cut of the specifications. After Wireless Village was merged with OMA, its specs became OMA IMPS 1.0 specifications. IMPS is widely deployed but not necessarily marketed. Interworking between several operators IMPS platforms is being performed under a GSMA initiative that encourages interworking and deployment of Instant Messaging.

Vanilla terminals often have IMPS clients.

On Nokia, the chat client is accessed via the "My Presence" menu.

On Sony Ericsson, it's called "My Friends".

On Motorola, it's called "IM". The phones' chat clients are generally designed to be provider neutral, so you have to put in the Wireless Village server settings.

If your phone doesn't have an inbuilt chat client, you might still be able to get a third-party chat application that runs on your phone's Symbian, Java ME, BREW, or other application environment. You need to get a chat client which is "Wireless Village compliant presence-enabled".

Note that it is still necessary for the operator to provide the IM service and/or one will have to connect to a third party server for connection with others for IM'ing

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
Re: Who uses Msn Messenger on there Mobile ? My Sony Ericsson C905 is pissing me off

Works fine on my HTC Touch Diamond (on Orange).

I just googled MSN Messenger and downloaded it. Cant rember exactly how i did it but its done.

MSN Mobile is on my phone and works well

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5

unlimited txts FTW!!

Works perfectly on my Nokia E71

i know was shocked too, they think it could be water damaged

Good job you got a brick as a loan phone.

Bet it looks good weighing down your bag or pocket. :dapprove:

Where the f***s it going to get fixed like ?

Or maybe its just cause many places will be closed over xmas etc :(

Clio 182 inferno

i use it on ma n95 and it works fine

B

Brown.

I use 'fring' on my nokia, am sure it works with any java phone, it is live and beeps when you get a message when not in the app. very good if you can get it

Kona Nunu Mountain Bike

I use 'fring' on my nokia, am sure it works with any java phone, it is live and beeps when you get a message when not in the app. very good if you can get it

Whats Fring ?

Audi A4 1.8T Sport

been using Windows Live Mobile (Messenger and Hotmail) for a couple of years on my HTC phones, always works fine :)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

OMG!!!!

Msn on a WINDOWS phone is obviously going to work well.
The OP posted about a C905!!

Works fine on windows xp

There's my unhelpful tit bit.

Grrr!

OMG!!!!

Grrr!

Cheers Tom ,
were going slightly off topic :(

Audi A4 1.8T Sport

OMG!!!!

Grrr!

it doesnt always actually, it is Windows lol ;)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

You need to edit your OP then dumbo