ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who was it then, at Wiscombe Hill Climb

Megane dci 130
Inferno 182 cup with cs sticker, and 2 172 cups competing? Got some pics once I get them uploaded.

182 Cup
I'm the inferno cup, was racing in a Saxo, I'm up there next weekend as well, once I get my tracking n camber sorted I'll take the clio up, got a couple pics of the blue 172 at martini hairpin but took them on iPhone so not brilliant, struggling to get my phone to put them on here so I'll sort them out later.
Si

Megane dci 130
Here are some pics for you, :) How do you go about getting into this sort of motorsport? What are the rules and regs?

DSC_0008-3.jpg

DSC_0037-1.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
I was there in my cup but in the car park not competing thinking about getting into it myself

182 Cup
Haha not a fan of the 200 either then, tis teal easy to get into the road goin production class, all you need to do is join a motor club most areas have at least one, and send off for an msa licence, mine a class 'b' non race for road production cars and you'll receive a blue book of rules n regs etc, don't need to a lot to the car for it either but the book will tell you everything you need to know, ideally me and my brother who also drives the Saxo we race want to get into track racing but don't really have the funds atm.
Si

Great to see some from CS going up the hill :) I have been toying with a trackday but hill climbs/sprints appeal just as much, if not slightly more as a newbie, due to the distinct lack of other cars and only yourself to blame if it goes t*ts up!!

182 Cup
yeah thats it and its a damn sight cheaper than track racing and you can drive the car there and back and dont actually have to spend any money really on the car, iirc all you actually need to make sure of for scrutineering is to mark up the ignition with an on/off direction sticker for the marshalls incase they have to switch it off in a hurry they can see and some yellow tape on the negative battery terminal so they can cut it in a hurry, once ive adjusted my tracking im definately goin up in the clio as our saxo is only a boggo 1.4 and is too slow for my liking, good to start and get some experience in summat your not gonna cry about if you stack it!!
Si

Clio 172 Cup
I'm responsible for one of the Cups competing at the weekend :) Drove it there with my 2 children, a 4-man tent and the kitchen sink. Cracking weekend of sport and had some fun clocking a 48.18 sec climb on the Sunday. The car has a sports cat, matched inlets, a JMS/Henk remap and a v6 air box. Placed 6th out of 15 and one of only a very few daily drivers there. The class leaders mostly trailer their 'road' cars to the venue. Dave Norman (Hillclimb Clio) was running the other Cup.

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
Got to give it a go that what appeals to me load up the car head drive it there drive it back. Im part of a club already that had cars there just need to get my MSA licence sorted. Dom you know if I can i run in the same class as the other clio's with my ITB's.

Clio 172 Cup
And I also drove there, drove the kids to school in it the next day too! Mine lacks the matched inlets/sports cat/remap of Dans but they're on the list to do...

All you need to compete is a MSA National B Non Race License (about £37.00), a set of FIA overalls, gloves & helmet. The car just needs yellow tape on the battery lead, a timing beam splitter (home made), numbers & a sticker indicating which way ignition switches off - it's that easy!

My car was completely standard last year, running T1-Rs. I am on R888s this year which has helped, we're not going to be competitive without spending shed loads of money but we have our own little contests & a whole lot of fun further down the field!

Marc1330 - you can run in A3 with your ITBs as far as I'm aware - you should even be fairly competitive as I'm guessing you've sorted your suspension/brakes too running that extra power?

Megane dci 130
Thanks very much for the info guys, I was thinking of building a MK1 172 hybrid for next year and now definatly going to! Here are a few more pics I found.

DSC_0007-2.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0045-1.jpg

DSC_0172.jpg

DSC_0174.jpg

182 Cup
im in the background of that top pic the last post, sat jus behind 105, in the blue race suit. I really want to have a go in my clio but need the tracking sorting out before im willing to have a go, would be some good competition between the clio guys.

182 Cup
A standard 1.4 Saxo, i was parked almost behind you guys, I want to try my Clio at some point as I'm looking for more speed up the hill

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Haha not a fan of the 200 either then, tis teal easy to get into the road goin production class, all you need to do is join a motor club most areas have at least one, and send off for an msa licence, mine a class 'b' non race for road production cars and you'll receive a blue book of rules n regs etc, don't need to a lot to the car for it either but the book will tell you everything you need to know, ideally me and my brother who also drives the Saxo we race want to get into track racing but don't really have the funds atm.
Si

This is what I want to do with my saxo once its ready. What are the costs like per hillclimb? I understand its invite only usually to a car club

Megane dci 130
Yes I can do a weekend, what weekend do you have in mind? I work at the small reputable dealer in Honiton. Called Harts of Honiton. I am also going on sunday.

Inferno 182 & Saxo
umm maybe weekend after the hillclimb, obviously i'd have to come see you at the workshop there yeah.

What setup are you running on the saxo? I'd be interested to know the developments you'll be doing to it (if any)

182 Cup
Well atm we've put bucket seats and harnesses in and a racing steering wheel, taken the stereo and all the speakers out, removed the rear wiper motor, all we've done under the bonnet is a k&n replacement filter and a good service, and a set of Yokohama tyres can't remember which ones off top of me head, oh and jus fitted a fibreglass bonnet that needs painting, I'll put some pics up later wen I'm back from work, it's really quite standard really, developments will happen but as we run in class A1 we are pretty limited to performance mods, over the winter we might try n sort it out for the road goin modified class if money allows!!

182 Cup
which audi was it, was one of the old quattro rally cars, im all ready for tomorrow hope the weathers good again.