ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whos ordered the new clio v6

Im sure Renault will refuse deals to keep residuals high, they tried the same with that big MPV four seater.

Annoyingly my dad said he would have some in his top ten garage, like mr clarkson, but wont get one despite my begging.

-Rob

Went in to pick my 172 up from its service last night, and Im going back in next Tuesday to get a quote for trade-in, finance etc. Told that they cant take any more orders at the moment, but are expecting to start again within the next few weeks. After that, the delivery dates are currently expected to be about 3 months away. Very tempted, especially if they give me a good price for my current clio. I think thats the only margin that Im likely to get though! They already had got 2 orders for the new v6. Me? I might be on there as well soon... red i think! :D

Mars Red Clio V6 255

when everyone saw the blue, that was the top colour to get, everyone had to get the blue, but now people have seen the mars red, im sure the people who have ordered one in blue will be wanted to change their minds, the red is wicked, makes the whole car look alot meaner, like i said before, i want the car, i can afford the car, currently selling my elise if anyone is interested, so wont be too much extra to add on, all thats stopping me is the POOR resale value, the mk1 has lost so much in the first year and a half, that is does really worry me. i just hope that the mk11 will not be hit so hard as it really is a much better car. might give renault london a call to see if they have one in there i can test drive

Silver Fabia vRS

Steve V6 (who has a MK1 V6) has got an order for a new V6 but he has been on the waiting list and I think was number 14 on it. He has a Silver one coming and has been told around September time for it.

Red for me and its sooooo tempting. I think the insurance will put me off.

sh*t, just found out its £850 insurance on a brand new one! :D

No, I cant do it - cant......

I imported my 172 and saved a packet, as Im sure many others have. Can you import the Mk2 V6 yet, and if so, how much for?

Personally, Id wait and buy a nearly new one to avoid the huge depreciation. But then I fear youd be waiting a long time (12-18 months). Alternatively, I guess you could get a cheap Mk1 and mod it to sort out the wayward handling.

7.6cc :D

I would consider one for my next car (years away) if they did black one! They dont so its not an option :(

Stunning cars though!

GR7

Shiny red R32

I had a funny dream last night about a V6 Clio (well it was a Mk 1 Astra pretending to be a V6).

I was driving along towards Edinburgh and the new guy on Top Gear was driving behind me in what I first thought was a blue V6 with the silver side bits, but when he pulled out to overtake me, I realised that what he had done was to stick new panels in the bright blue plus the side silver vent things, to the body of an old red Astra and I could see some red bits where his panels didnt fit properly.

Then it was time to get up.

:confused:

320d M Sport

i really cant see Mk2 resale value dropping that much, its supposed to be million miles ahead of the mk1, not that theres anything wrong with those in the first place!!

Mars Red Clio V6 255

just read the road test of the clio v6 on autotrader.co.uk, and they say resale value should not be a problem, as they are only making 300 or so a year. right maybe they should go look at all the v6s selling on their own web site and see if the resale is any good. you can now get a 51 plate v6 with only 4000 miles on for around 18k thats only £8000 lose in 4000 miles. lol

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by JJ172 on 12 June 2003

Alternatively, I guess you could get a cheap Mk1 and mod it to sort out the wayward handling.
In what way would you mod it?

Could you give me more detail on this waywardness, ie ; is it wayward over 150mph around bends? should I throw it into a bend at more than 140 ( which is the most I have done to date )

I am eager to see exactly what this wayward handling is all about. I have done every trick I can think of and still the v6 sticks to the road like a boring land crab.

Stig where are you? ( dont care who are you ?) I need your expert abilities.

Ive orderd mine in blue and ive been told it will take 12 weeks to come,traded my mk 1 in for 17500,payed 27300 for the new one,cant wait

Mars Red Clio V6 255

broadbean- where did you order yours from? are you giving nothing off the retail price? are you abit worried about the resale value or do you think it will hold its price better than the mk!?

Mars Red Clio V6 255

just been thinking to myself, if the mk1 v6 o-60 time is est 6.3 and evo timed it at 5.9, would it be safe to say that if the mk2 0-60 est is 5.8 it is more than likely be under 5.5sec? cant get the bloody v6 out of my head.

Mars Red Clio V6 255

in all honestly, i think most people would be worried if their car loses Over £7000 in just over a year, i mean yes £27k is alot for a car, but its no aston martin or lambo, so i do not have £££ to throw away without even worrying about it. i dont earn that much that i dont care, just that i have worked hard over the last few years and can now afford such a car, but yes i will be thinking about the resale value before i order one.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by Ben H on 12 June 2003

Id like a black or grey one. Doubt they make them though!
Ben

I thought you could order the new V6 in any colour - or did I dream that?

GR7

Shiny red R32

Keiron

Whay are you so worried about the resale value? If I were you and was buying a new V6 I would be more interested in getting it on the road and driving it, not thinking about its residuals! If as they say they are only building about six a week, the demand should be greater than the number available and perhaps like the Mini, it will hold its price for quite a while.

Just get yourself that V6, you are only on this earth for a short time, so enjoy yourself while you are here! Look what happened to the brilliant bike racer David Jefferies exactly two weeks ago - tomorrow is his funeral, what a sad day for his family and friends.

Elise/VX220/R26

Thing with the V6 is that its Evo money. Desirable as they are (at least to boy /girl racers like us lol) the car is simply not worth 26 grand, its just not. Reno can give it all the talk about limited production etc at the end of the day they will make however many cars they get orders for.

If I had 27k I would go for an evo or something that will hold its value more. Cos the V6 is (in my opinion anyway) Vastly overpriced the second had values as weve seen with the Mk1 are going to be catastophic!

GR7

Shiny red R32

.........Thing with the Evo is that IT DOESNT LOOK AS GOOD AS THE V6, like Scoobys the Evos are so common and dont turn heads like a V6, and are not good looking cars either!! So there!

I dont think there will be too many around to cause depreciation, they will probably be in short supply and demand might hold up prices.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by CB1A on 12 June 2003

dont know what to get - v6 mk2 or a c5 corvette ? (vettes the favourite)
Just get yourself a V6 you silly boy!

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by Jim172CUP on 12 June 2003

if you can afford to spend 27k on a new motor youre not going to be that bothered if it loses value are you?
Very true but some people simply dont like wasting hard earned cash however well off they might be.

My daughter has been promised whatever I get over £15k towards her first car, so I will obviously hope to get the best price for her sake.

IF I get bored with my V6, and only get £10k in return, I will probably buy a new CUP ( in silver ) and give her the remaining £2k.