ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who's steering wheel has melted?

Banana
My cup is coming up for 3 years old now, and as of yet I have not had a single bit of warranty work done on it. I have read loads of threads about the thumb grips splitting on RS steering wheels and some have had them repaired under warranty, others have not.
During the recent bit of mega-hot weather, The leather??? part of my steering wheel has melted and all bubbled up. Anyone else experienced this? Would I get this repaired under warranty? Surely it isnt leather if it melts!! My car has only done 16k, so they cant say it's wear and tear. Any info appreciated.

Banana
Sorry peeps, just did a search (which I should've done in the first place :eek: ) and found out it's happening to loads of members. Ah well, I'll book it in to Arnold's and see if they'll replace it. Doubt it though :(

Leon Cupra 300
I had mine replaced on friday in its last week of warrenty!!!

The trim warrenty on the car is only for a year so they dont have to replace it. but you can go down the sales of goods act route if you want, but, under that act it has to be the supplying dealer that has to replace it not any dealer in the country.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
eh - let me know as they have been useless so far, both A clark and Parks.

Iv got a letter ready, but 36k service tomorrow for one last shot then project mayhem starts

Banana
Peperami said:
Get a little sports wheel roofus, look good with the buckets and feel much better?
Insurers dont like it when you remove airbags, otherwise I would have been rid of that bus wheel ages ago!!

SLK 350
Really think we should be drafting a joint letter of complaint to Trading standards or OFT regarding the use of materials unfit for purpose.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
^^ its in hand James.

Im holding fire until i have enough rejections to get fired into reno.

I'll be looking for photos and sihte from people very soon - so get clicking.

Tangoed Works
Mine split, the "senior technician" said no probs straight away. I was shocked, the service from my local renault dealer has improved significantly since the last time Ive had to use them.

Banana
Ali said:
Pic of the wheel mark?

Cant get a good pic with this shitty 2 mp phone, but it feels a lot worse than it looks.

P7240578.jpg

Thanks for the pic. I've had a letter on hold for a while now as I was waiting for pics etc, only had one so far (MarkCup) apart from that one ^^

If anyone else has pics/transcripts with dealers etc I would love to hear from you!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
mine hasn't melted, but the rubber thoumb grip split :( i now have insulation tape around it lol!!!)

waiting for a momo boss as i already have the wheel

NEED V6!
hi ,
mine has split and i piece have fallen off and my local dealer just quoted me a price for new steering wheel
so it should be under warranty

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
i csn get some pics of my split rubber at the weekend if thats any good?

RS Clio 172 Ph1
... yeah mine's crumbling, f**king annoying innit. Wanna get a new Momo or something fitted but am not sure how with the Airbag, Horn and all.

M2 Competition
Hehe, good plan fella! Am probably gonna replace mine with a lil sports wheel, just gotta get round to doing it.