ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whos the youngest to own a 172 or cup...

Even if you could afford the car and insurance, I wouldnt, i had a 1.2 @ 17/18 and that was fast enough and got a battering. If you got a 182 at 18 youd probably kill yourself or someone else. stick with the 1.2 mate

There was a guy with a 172 at 18 and there is someone with a Cup whos 18 too isnt there?

God knows where they find the money for it..daddy i guess.

-Rob

2003 1.2 16v Dynamique

I stacked my car tho in the snow, £4000 worth of damage, ripped the right rear clean off, I only hit a raised pave at about 15mph!!

Are 1.4 16v that quick? they are the equivelant to a 1.6 8v arent they?

Clio Williams No123

Bingo, when I bought it, it were £1200.....but i ummmm stacked it.

Im selling it to my old dear this month. I dont want to get rid of it, but cant afford to run it at the mo....so if anyone has a Willy for sale, standard trim for no more than £6k....lemme know :)

[Edited by Smokey McPot on 07 June 2004 at 12:40pm]

21 when I bought her, insurance is £870 in the oldmans name, insured the missus mini for a year to bump up my no claims.

was 19 when i got mu cup and cost around 2500 but since i change insurance company it has gone to 1300 with Renault and im now 20

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped

Quote: Originally posted by local on 07 June 2004
23 no no claims £850 elephant 10 month thingy

No idea how you got that mate, im older with no no claims aswell and im getting quoted £2,500!:mad:

I best keep looking as my car will be arriving in 6-8wks:)

stuff like where you live comes into the quote too dont it? like is it going to be nicked/keyed/burnt out once a month

for my 182 (two weeks away now!) ive got 680 from admiral, 10 months, declared the cup suspension (even tho they probably dont cover it) (see countless other threads), im 30, got 3 years of company car no claims which they took, but also 6 points :oops: got 20 quid off by saving the online quote for a day or two, then they emailed me offering 20 off.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup

i pay £550 with admiral, fully comp, full no claims (protected) but i am getting on a bit:oops:

Suzuki SV1000S

All about where you live,

Smokey Mcpot - I have no no claims either and just had a claim of 12500 at christmas and 1630 last week

Mine is 1600 including Mods, Wheel, Zorst, Suspension etc

I saw a guy in a blue cup, (or could have been 182) on weekend in burnham. He looked about 12. Sorry if you are on this forum, but you did look quite young.

Nearly 21 yrs old paying £1600 for a 182 with nearly five yrs no claims. When i was 18 i paid the same amount for a Saxo VTR

I ghot a quote on a 172, brand new at 18, wiht i years NCB, 3rd party £2500, fully comp £3880, thats with elephant.

But i wouldnt get one at 18, get a 1.2/1.4 and get some driving expereince, a 1.2 is more than fast enough for the first year or so

Street Triple R

im 22, so probably not the youngest cup owner but i did have an Evo When i was 19! i wouldnt recommend that though:eek:, im still paying for it now really:cry:

Was awesome though!
[Edited by jongsr4 on 07 June 2004 at 5:31pm]

RB 197 + Cup Pack

Id just turned 19 when i got my cup. I was gettin quotes of 5k!!! On dads insurance for the time being. Plannin on buyin a cheap to insure car to start building my ncb so i can eventually insure the cup under my own policy!

Ph1 172

I always wanted one from the first time I saw it. So I just work all the hours god sends now to pay for it!