ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who's your CUP insured with?

My insurance is due for renewal at the end of the month and I'm in need of a new insurance company as I intend to drop Bell Direct. Let me know who your insurance is with and how much if u dont mind.

Thanks

182BG
Elephant.co.uk - im 21 with no claims - £1400 on my own, so i went on my dads for £700 couldn't afford it this this :(

Thanks for the replies. I have had a quote from Adrian Flux but its through Royal & sunalliance of £678 for 12 months. Bell wanted £676 but add 26% for installments so thats why i cant go with them. My problem is that the paperwork states it as a clio 172, theres no mention of the CUP.

just been on the phone to Adrian Flux and the quote of £678 is for the cup! looks like i have my new insurance! for ref im 24 with 4 yrs no claims.

mk1 172
Not usually, they like you to phone

For reference, i'm 24, 6 years no claims, protected, thats with dual addresses and another named driver, also 24.

I also had a third party hit me in 2001 and an SP30 in 2004

Not bad in all!

Abarth 500
Swiftcover.com were the cheapest when I was trying to insure my family wagon recently if thats any help! :D

A4 Avant & A3
privilege were the cheapest by quite a bit for me on my cup.. I'm not posh either..
but i am getting on a bit now & have quite a few years no claims.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Hastings direct weren't bad for me, NU wanted £1K they came up with £730. Thats with 2 years no claims, and TF2 postcode.

best quote i had was £2k at 20, 2yrs ncb, 1 accident, dy8 post code, its rediculous, i can insure an alfa 147gta for less!

DC5
When I was 20 with 3 yrs NCB I was with elephant @ £1600.

I then turned 21 and went with privilege with 4 yrs NCB, it was about £600. They guarantee to beat any quote if you have more then 4 yrs NCB. I protected my NCB and it took it up to about £750.

Last edited:
  A Grey Slab (Audi Estate)
Currently with Adrain Flux. Not sure but do Greenlight not give discount to clio sport members now?? Sure someone does. Remember seeing a post on here from them a short time ago.

DC5
id_doug said:
Currently with Adrain Flux. Not sure but do Greenlight not give discount to clio sport members now?? Sure someone does. Remember seeing a post on here from them a short time ago.
Yeah it is greenlight, and everyone has had good quotes from them as the 172 / 182s have reduced rates or something, but they have not reduced the rates on the 172 CUP due to such a high proportion of clio sport accidents being 172 CUPs.

I rang Greenlight and they would not give me insurance on a 172 Cup, he said due to the high number of claims and the lack of ABS! How many cars dont have ABS????? loads....never mind

BMW 320d SE
I'm with First Alternative, with 7 years NCB, 3 points (that are over 4 years old), fully comp, and I'm paying about £600 a year on my 2004 182 Cup.