ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why are car dealers suck feckin pricks

After having gone to my local dealer earlier this month to enquire about a 182 i had some muppet of a salesman tell me "thats not the usual bread and butter work" wtf??? :confused: so he said he would call me with details of any deals....no call....went back in week later and got the business manager, she explained she couldnt speak £££ but confirmed likely delivery dates etc and took all my details and said salesmanager would call...again no call......so this week get in touch with the salesman that sold Chloe to me in Nov 2002, he is know sales manager in a different branch an hour away, agreed to go up and see him and was to call and arrange it for this weekend, so call dealers on tuesday to be told he is out until friday, so call today and ask for him and get told he is off today, say i was told to call him today so they then say yes he is in but why do i want to speak to him, so they take details and say he will call....three hours later no call....call back to be told...he isnt in today.....wtf...rant over

don't

they must have big signs up in all branches sayin IGNORE THIS PERSON, ALL SALES STAFF OUR BANNED FROM BEING HELPFUL TO HIM

Quote: Originally posted by Alymac on 30 July 2004

After having gone to my local dealer earlier this month to enquire about a 182 i had some muppet of a salesman tell me "thats not the usual bread and butter work" wtf??? :confused: so he said he would call me with details of any deals....no call....went back in week later and got the business manager, she explained she couldnt speak £££ but confirmed likely delivery dates etc and took all my details and said salesmanager would call...again no call......so this week get in touch with the salesman that sold Chloe to me in Nov 2002, he is know sales manager in a different branch an hour away, agreed to go up and see him and was to call and arrange it for this weekend, so call dealers on tuesday to be told he is out until friday, so call today and ask for him and get told he is off today, say i was told to call him today so they then say yes he is in but why do i want to speak to him, so they take details and say he will call....three hours later no call....call back to be told...he isnt in today.....wtf...rant over

And breathe. ;)

Theyre just as bad when you need a courtesy car. I phoned them (Ren dealer) to make sure they had a car for me as previously booked and got the. Sorry weve no record of that sir, they never rang me back either, f*cking numpties the lot of them.

Thought it was Northampton you were talking about. Went in looking for a deal on a 182 and the sales guy came back with list price.

We laughed and said do us a deal and he said no because we couldnt sign there and then! No incentive to either mate!

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

thats not the usual bread and butter work

Ha ha, sounds familiar! In fact that was the exact same phrase used by my local dealership! Strange eh!