ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

why? BTCC question

Leon Cupra R 225
as day says..... also it would be bashed off like a mouse

I reckon it'd be closer than everyone thinks!

The current BTCC cars are pish. Way way too slow, tiny wheels, don't look the part anymore.

Much preferred Super Tourer's - real racing, Menu, Rydell, Tarquini, Plato in the beasty Vectra, Kristensen, Neal in the Primera, Leslie, Reid.... some legends back in the day!! They would piss on the Clio

Mazda MX5 1.8
nice blue wheels lol

97_menu_thruxton_w.jpg

172 Race Car
as day says..... also it would be bashed off like a mouse

Much preferred Super Tourer's - real racing, Menu, Rydell, Tarquini, Plato in the beasty Vectra, Kristensen, Neal in the Primera, Leslie, Reid.... some legends back in the day!! They would piss on the Clio

Supertouring died coz it was too expensive, manufacturers spent millions on research and development. iirc super 2000 reqs mean they have to use off the shelf parts that are the same on all cars. Means they are way cheeper to build and run.

But agree the 90's super touring era was legndary.

Especialy with old murray on the mic

Lionel Richie
the current btcc cars aren't slow! but the old days when David Leslie was in the Primera, that was when it was at its peak IMO (other than the ford cosworth days)

Leon Cupra R 225
the current btcc cars aren't slow! but the old days when David Leslie was in the Primera, that was when it was at its peak IMO (other than the ford cosworth days)

slow in comparison Fred ;) lol

I'm glad you concur though, those days when Neal was battling it out with the works Primeras, big clashes at Oulton and Brands spring to minds we're the days!!

Ford Cosworth days we're something else, just immense! with the E36 3 series driven by legendary Soper

Leon Cupra R 225

Supertouring died coz it was too expensive, manufacturers spent millions on research and development. iirc super 2000 reqs mean they have to use off the shelf parts that are the same on all cars. Means they are way cheeper to build and run.

Especialy with old murray on the mic

Indeed, just such a shame! I used to get excited going to see BTCC, now it's just, well not as 'beefy' if that's a good word to use, lol :S
But agree the 90's super touring era was legndary.

Lionel Richie
I was chatting to David Leslie at Stonley, he does a lot of work with my old college and the MIA, he's' still the lap record holder round donnington park in that Primera

Leon Cupra R 225
I was chatting to David Leslie at Stonley, he does a lot of work with my old college and the MIA, he's' still the lap record holder round donnington park in that Primera

Ah nice. He's a legend. Once the pit lane was closing at Brands but he took his time and was chatting away to us even though we we're being ushered out. Top top bloke and deservedly the record holder at Donington :cool:

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
FIA specifications include the following:[3]

Derived from production model, of which 2500 have been produced in the past year
Maximum of 2 liter displacement
Maximum of 280 bhp
Normal Aspiration
All wheel drive is permitted in rally cars, but not in touring cars. (Control part made by Sadev, common to all S2000 rally vehicles)
6-speed sequential gearbox (Control part made by Sadev, common to all S2000 rally vehicles. No electronics allowed in differentials)
Front and rear McPherson suspension
No electronic driver aids
Maximum width of 1.8 meters
Must be for sale at a maximum price of €168,000.[4]

what part of that doesnt a clio conform to?

id like to see the difference between btcc time and btcc times round donnington.

Leon Cupra R 225

Derived from production model, of which 2500 have been produced in the past year
Maximum of 280 bhp
Normal Aspiration
All wheel drive is permitted in rally cars, but not in touring cars. (Control part made by Sadev, common to all S2000 rally vehicles)
6-speed sequential gearbox (Control part made by Sadev, common to all S2000 rally vehicles. No electronics allowed in differentials)

id like to see the difference between btcc time and btcc times round donnington.

max 280bhp...

DTM's are 470bhp iirc?!! shocking

Lionel Richie
he's completley different to the current drivers (like that wanker Plato) no one asked for his autograph or anything lol! poor bloke!

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!

Maximum of 280 bhp
Normal Aspiration

max 280bhp...

DTM's are 470bhp iirc?!! shocking
last time i checked the clio cups weren't more than that, despite many claims on cliosport.

Leon Cupra R 225
he's completley different to the current drivers (like that w**ker Plato) no one asked for his autograph or anything lol! poor bloke!

couldn't agree more! shame really but him an anthony reid owned the btcc at times! not forgetting laurent aiello raping that one year he did when he won the title. mighty impressive stuff

172 Cup (Iceberg)

.............. Gearbox and driver aids maybe? But, have to admit i would like to see a Clio in there. But they wouldn't hold up would they really?

Leon Cupra R 225

.............. Gearbox and driver aids maybe? But, have to admit i would like to see a Clio in there. But they wouldn't hold up would they really?

No they wouldn't. Get owned on the straights, but the twisties there's only one winner lol ;)

Mazda MX5 1.8
also it would be a bit light weight i should think (light rear end) so would probably make it an easy target

think about it..... a leon, integra, bmw, vectra
all pretty big cars

vauxhall & team halfords both switched from hatchbacks to bigger cars recently to be more competitive (iirc @ the faster tracks the hatchbacks were struggling)

Leon Cupra R 225
also it would be a bit light weight i should think (light rear end) so would probably make it an easy target

think about it..... a leon, integra, bmw, vectra
all pretty big cars

vauxhall & team halfords both switched from hatchbacks to bigger cars recently to be more competitive (iirc the faster tracks the hatchbacks were struggling)

valid point :lolup: