ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why do Clio owners love themselves

Im lucky enough to own a 182, cup suspension, etc. I love the car, but the driveingtales on here do my head in. My car cant keep up with a scooby as much as I wish, an R32, scooby is a better car etc.

I love my 182 for what it is, a run of the mill hot hatch -damn good one at that.

Why do Cup, 172,182 owners feel the clio can punch beyond its weight

Jonathan

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Quote: Originally posted by Chins on 03 May 2004

Im lucky enough to own a 182, cup suspension, etc. I love the car, but the driveingtales on here do my head in. My car cant keep up with a scooby as much as I wish, an R32, scooby is a better car etc.
The scooby and the R32 may be better cars in your opinion but different people like different types of car. The difference in performance is not as great as you think either, I enjoyed a bit of enthuisastic driving with a Impreza and a R32 Golf yesterday and I was surprised how well my car kept up.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I enjoyed a bit of enthuisastic driving with a Impreza and a R32 Golf yesterday and I was surprised how well my car kept up.

-------------------------------------------------------------

how can you be sure they were flat out though ?

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

I am sure they were trying, the R32 was at a meet with us and the Impreza ended up doing over 140 mph! You need a lot more power to make a significant difference in performance on the road.imo

I think ur missing the point, cup owners (not all of them granted) forever out to try and prove themselves.

And then they knock the 182s wtf?

with lines like............. Yeh 2nd 182 "done" today - in brain 182s considered as league below me now.. no matter what is said

Nice.

Idiots

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

No idea what power it was making but he didnt pull a more than a car length till after 100, which I was happy with. I agree that (some) Cup drivers are constantly striving to prove the performance of their cars but it doesnt bother me.

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by Jawnathan on 03 May 2004

I love myself, I am f**king brilliant, I have to tell myself that every day because no other c**t will if I dont.
LOL, ditto. :D

Im the first to admit, the Clio Mk1 V6 ( which i have ;) ) isnt super like quick, its fast, and will certainly do most cars on the road, but not on terms with a ferrari or top of the range scooby, But its just the fact its a V6 "SO FOOKING SEXY I TELL YA! PROPER BO! :)

MartinS - I mean that this thread is not somewhere to start yet more racing tales, it the exact opposite to the threads intention. imo

the worrying factor is the way in which clio owners sl*g each other off for having a different model (cup owners in the main) suddenly there are some new cup members on the forum immediatley out to put everyone else down.

--------------------------------------

suddenly there are some new cup members on the forum immediatley out to put everyone else down.

---------------------------------------

the scoundrels

Cups are sh*t, 172s are sh*t, 182s are sh*t, scoobys are sh*t.

1.2 16v Dynamique are f**king brilliant.

p.s I am f**king great.

Some cup owners inparticular have a mine better than yours idea.

Nothing you can do about it some people just have ideas of grandure

I personal think Racing tales soory Driving tales gives Cliosport members a bad name.

Theres always going to be a mine bigger than your type people I just ignore the threads. I think theres a few TT wanna be owners the amount they seem to post about beating them.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Ok Weight, but I cant see why it bothers you so much. It doesnt bother me in the slightest, just ignore them.

Quote: Originally posted by MartinS on 03 May 2004

Ok Weight, but I cant see why it annoys you so much. It doesnt bother me in the slightest, just ignore them.
think ur rite, just dont like the bullsh*t and arrogance.

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

hehe...the problem with all of this is that theres the 172 and 172cup, and obviously (for racing purposes) the cup is faster as it is a stripped down version.... but surely we shud have some come-back threads on here from 172 owners telling us about all the luxuries their cars have over the cups!

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by Jawnathan on 03 May 2004

Cups are sh*t, 172s are sh*t, 182s are sh*t, scoobys are sh*t.

1.2 16v Dynamique are f**king brilliant.

p.s I am f**king great.
go on son, get in!!!!

:D

Chins, you obviously drive like a girl. ;)

If I had your 182 I would defo keep up with UK Spec Scoobies, and the god like R32 wouldnt pull too much on me either......or is that the 182 just not as quick as my Cup was. ;)

;) :D all in good humour. Dont keyboard slap me. Or monitor chin me.

300bhp MR2 Turbo

172 Cup has better power to weight than some older Scoobs from what Im told.

I know my mates Calibra Turbo couldnt shake em off till ge was doing well over a ton.

Well my 1.2 will easily keep up with a cup, and i almost beat a scooby the other day ;)

The fact that they werent racing doenst come into it

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Normal 220bhp Scoobies are SO over rated, not to say a Clio could beat 1 but thay aint all that! Get over it!

Scoobies are the new Mondeo. ;)

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by MartinS on 03 May 2004

The scooby and the R32 may be better cars in your opinion but different people like different types of car. The difference in performance is not as great as you think either, I enjoyed a bit of enthuisastic driving with a Impreza and a R32 Golf yesterday and I was surprised how well my car kept up.

I think he will know the difference actually as he has owned most of the performance cars you lot are discussing, he sold a 350Z to get the 182 and Im sure hes also posted a pic of his R32 before that!

GR7

Shiny red R32

I love my 182 for what it is, a run of the mill hot hatch -damn good one at that.

Jonathan

You dont believe everything you read do you Jonathan, some people probably do a lot of embellishing!!;)

Corsa 2.0 16v baby

--------------

is it coz they do??!! i mean they aint shy for what they r. theyll show an imprezza up on a rolling start thats for sure ;)

What you guys should really do is ask Jonathan why he has this opinion;)

If you knew how many cars hes owned before Multiple Subarus, LCR, 350Z, R32, M3? (i think) etc etc

Hes well known through the forums and has owned more cars then most have had hot breakfasts.

A well placed person to comment on the relative performnce of 1 car to another (or pissing in the wind contest, as its known!!)