ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why do gearboxs in 16Vs to pop the diff

The circlip is teeny and has but only a fraction of what is needed to retain it in its slot.

All synchro cut gears naturally always try to push away from eachother with load on them.

Im currently working with a gearbox man to provide a solution which will probably solve the popping problem in its entirety. Boxs will be sold on exchange in uprated and fully rebuilt form with a tech sheet, and for less than Renaults rebuilt ones!

350z & 16v Maxi

Ben i think that box i have that has poped the diff is just that circlip thing, can i just sort or or should i really get another one. It was only fitted 6 months ago and is a rebuilt one.

Can you not get a stronger circlip?

not a gearbox man, hence why IM not doing the gearboxs! lol

I stay as far away from them as possible.

350z & 16v Maxi

Quote: Originally posted by Chris&Amber on 26 July 2005

ben thats all very well in the box, but the diff doesnt have that problem. Its the sunwheels clip that pops. its a bevel gear, But yes theres not enough meat in the groove to retain it.

Also synchro cut gears, your getting worse man, its helicial cut gears!

heres an article I done on it

http://www.retro-renault.com/kb.php?mode=article&k=15http://www.retro-renault.com/kb.php?mode=article&k=15

I need to stick pics up in it at some point.
Nice artical buddy, got any pics you can send me. mailto:colin@dp-motorsport.co.uk">colin@dp-motorsport.co.uk

350z & 16v Maxi

No prob, ive got a car coming to me Tuesday next week and i think it has this problem. I want to get it back on the road as soon as possible so I’ll get the bits and await your pics to do this.

Cheers

Colin

E92 M3 Monte Carlo

This happened to me when i had my megane coupe i brought a re-con gearbox from reno and it hadnt got the circlip it had a plate over the diff with three 13mm bolts

350z & 16v Maxi

Im planning on doing this next week, is there any other parts i need to replace while in there other than the circlip and thrust washer?

350z & 16v Maxi

I have went to order the parts from Renault today, not that i do not trust them or anything (lol) but the guy said the code had changed to 8200 295 074, can anyone confirm that this is correct?