ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why do you like you Clio

RB 182

Coz it looks modern, and its performance is the best for a 1.4 which is what I could have as the highest really considering my age.

Quote: Originally posted by mark_n on 23 October 2004
or dislike it?

that every thousand miles or so something new either breaks rattles or falls off

I like it because I is quick for a 1.2 or at least I think and it looks good

But I will probably change it for a Skoda Fabia VRs when I can.

I like the rattles, electrical faults and overpriced servicing :)

Not happy about the cars performance :cry:

Camel

quick as f**k, fun to drive, looks quite aggressive, pisses people off when they get waisted by a "Clio":D

Down side is after owning a golf gti for a few years the build quality is crap but that doesnt make too much of a difference when you drive her

Quote: Originally posted by benclelland on 23 October 2004

Coz it looks modern, and its performance is the best for a 1.4 which is what I could have as the highest really considering my age.

MGZR105 with 102bhp springs to mind as best 1.4

Quote: Originally posted by dubster on 24 October 2004

quick as f**k, fun to drive, looks quite aggressive, pisses people off when they get waisted by a "Clio":D

Aggressive?? The V6 looks agressive the 172/182 looks no better than the 1.2 versioned clio, a bit girly IMO

Cheap, fast, and fun however so wins a lot of people over. Its still a clio though:oops:

insignia

Quote: Originally posted by Mitchy on 24 October 2004

Aggressive?? The V6 looks agressive the 172/182 looks no better than the 1.2 versioned clio, a bit girly IMO

Cheap, fast, and fun however so wins a lot of people over. Its still a clio though:oops:
You are talking out of your arse,and from this comment you obviously have neither car.If my clio looked like a standard 1.2 it wouldnt be parked on my drive.:p

Rare.....LOL

The clio is not rare mate. Its 1 of the most common cars on the road. It appeals because of the price and because of the price brings popular demand. Popular demand = Common!!!

To the average eye there is no distinguishing features between a 1.2 and a 2.0

Quote: Originally posted by 182 sport on 24 October 2004

You are talking out of your arse,and from this comment you obviously have neither car.If my clio looked like a standard 1.2 it wouldnt be parked on my drive.:p
No, im not speaking out of my arse. There is hardly any difference to the average eye. Youd have to know your clios to know the difference. Like i said a bit girly IN MY OPINION!

insignia

Your just jelous coz you cant afford one.If i drove through town in a 1.2 clio,I wouldnt get half the looks I do now.It gets loads of attention and Im always asked bet thats fast.You talk out of your bumcrap. My grandma can even see the difference between the 2 and that was without even telling her.

In the past year ive had a £15000 CTR, a £10000 scooby and now a £16000 LCR225. The year before i had a new ZR160 which cost £15500

Im sure i could have saved my dinner money for a clio matey:oops:

Take the sport badge off a 172/cup and how would you know the difference from the rear?

From the side a silver 2.0 badge gives it away and it has 16alloys instead of wheel trims. Ive seen plenty of 1.2 clios with alloys though.

From the front it takes a trained eye to spot the splitter.

Not many features there matey. The 182 is a bit better as it has the twins.

I like my Clio because its the <quote> "Best Hot Hatch Ever" or "6th Best Car of the last Decade" </quote>.

;)

insignia

Ok I understand what yours saying,but the stance of the 172/cup compared to a 1.2 clio looks totally different. From the back its an easy spot because the 172 has colour coded bumper,but from the front I just think they are two different cars.The 172 and 182 just look mean from the front where as 1.2 look poo

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

It cost me 9k, and im overtaking 25k plus BMWs and Mercs :D I love the faces of them snotty business people in there flash cars when they get done of the lights by a clio :D

True its lower and the splitter is different but i know that because im a car enthusiast. To the average joe who has no interest in cars he/she probably wouldnt be able to tell the difference if he was behind or in front of you looking back through his mirror.

Well not until you put the foot down;)

You cant fault the clio for its performance/handling and value for money, its the best in the market. That sounds good but ive never really liked the looks of the car and it is french (ie reliability) so have stayed clear.

Its like the CTR and the new sport version. Apart from the engine there is naff all difference between the 2, its scary:eek:

While i was learning i was searching for a car i liked the look of, and then took that car and did a quote online to find which was lowest. Came to the conclusion my 1.4 RT was probly the cheapest 1.4 to insure and the best looking i could find. I then found the specs were pretty good.

So when id saved up money i searched for the black coloured one i was after, bought it. Ive had quite a few expenses to fix some thigs (its a renault lol) but it is the most fun on 4 wheels i could have bought at 17 as im still at school. Giving it some mods has greatly improved it. ppl at school like it, with its kinda old skool look but with leccy windows and remote central locking it has things some ppl with much newer cars dont have.

Anyway Nuff said

Quote: Originally posted by dogmaul on 23 October 2004

i did for a while then got tired of it so got rid as soon as i could and after a month i aint looked back

QUESTION IS: Why do you like you Clio?.............;)

Rare.....LOL

The clio is not rare mate. Its 1 of the most common cars on the road. It appeals because of the price and because of the price brings popular demand. Popular demand = Common!!!

To the average eye there is no distinguishing features between a 1.2 and a 2.0
Mitchy how often do you see a tigra on teh roads? Rarely I would imagine yet they sold 38k of the buggers

They onbly sold 2.5k clio cups and most arent on the road anymore lol!

Yep you probably did, ZR was my 1st car but crashed it.

I just dont think theres a big enough difference for the untrained eye to notice.

insignia

There is a big difference.Whenever I park my car behind my freinds 1.2,there is no comparison.She always comments on my car saying how smart it is as if its a totally different car to hers. and she has a clio too.But its a 1.2.Totally different car.;)

VaVa

lol... Mitchy deleted his post "theres hardly any difference in the top picture apart from the line on the front wing"....

And the grill... and the fog lamps, the surrounds, the fact its lower to the ground, the fact its body coloured.............

I appreciate your point about the average joe but surely your not insinuating the general public is blind??!!!

PS.. One of them is Red, the other on isnt... Id get your eys tested m8!! lol!!:p

[Edited by lagerlout1 on 24 October 2004 at 2:40pm]