ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why does Adrian Flux not give me a discount for installing a £400 alarm?

The quotes are exactly the same whether I have a Thathcam 1 or not! :eek:

It just makes me think that they believe that I will be worse off claiming for my car if it gets nicked, and that they are just covering their backs incase I drive into a Jag. :dapprove: :(

Security devices don't generally provide discounts. The value of your car is pretty immaterial to most insurance policies and the standard fit immob will be recognised as sufficient for the vehicle by the insurer. Some high value vehicles and older vehicles (pre thatcham) will require new security devices, but an alarm won't stop you breaking someones little finger and leaving the insurance company subject to £££'s of liability.

1 Series Coupe
I think its for more owner piece of mind than anything. I'd prefer to have an alarm fitted to 'prevent' someone trying to steal it.

But my Clio mk1 with loads of obvious upgrades had no imobiliser, alarm or anything. Over 10 years old = 6x more likely to be stolen, even before fitting fatass spolier, Wolfrace alloys, H&R springs etc etc etc.

The fact that they won't even offer a £1 discount shows to me that they are very confident that I would realise that the excess, loss of NCB, poor insurance payout would not be worth a claim if my car is stolen. Which is very concerning.