ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why don't these LEDs work in the interior? (work fine in sidelights)

Yeah, put the standard bulbs back in and they work fine.

I think those LEDs might just need a bit too much power from the interior light.

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
I have LEDs in mine and the only come on when the door is open, and not when I press the button.

Its because LED's only work with the current flowing in + and out - and not the other way round, normal bulbs work both ways.

clio 172 phase 2
i have one of these in my map light. works fine. but if i put one in my interior lamp it works. but when it should be off, it glows dim.

either:

the LED bulb is not getting enough voltage - proven by running the engine to top up the battery voltage to 14V when the LED bulb is fitted

or

the LED bulb is not drawing enough current and so confusing the ECU driver circuitary

"Hi again,

No really sorry, none left at the moment though I am expecting more soon. I will email you when they arrive. I only have blue LED's in at the moment.

Add me to your Fave Sellers list just to be sure.

Thanks for the interest though.

Dave.

- drfje"

RB 182 FF
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170677048038?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Bought 2 sets of these, one for side lights and one for interior (map light etc.)

Can anyone tell me why they wouldn't work inside? I have tries them both ways round.

Thanks

I just need to know so i can buy a pair that work in the interior.

I can tell you exactly why...! You have to bend the wires outwards toward the edges of the wedge to make contact with the interior light , not sure why but it's the only way they'll work. Hope this helps!:)

hi there,

i know this is my first post but.... you see the white casing covering the bottom of the led?

there is a "lip" on the casing, cut this off and put them back in, reason being is the led lights do not go in far enough to hit the connection points on the interior lights :) hope this helps it worked with me

I can tell you exactly why...! You have to bend the wires outwards toward the edges of the wedge to make contact with the interior light , not sure why but it's the only way they'll work. Hope this helps!:)

THIS!!!

This worked perfectly - thank you.

The two wires were no where near the connecters. Bent them outwards and bingo. Works great.

Thank You!