ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why is it

As some of you know I used to own a Clio, and loved it to bits (well, all the bits that kept falling off).

Was just wonderin, why is it that the Clio 172/Cup drivers just cant resist a race? I mean, they will race ANYTHING, and wont accept defeat.

I mean, I have a Primera GT (old mans car with a bit of grunt -and imho better/more pleasing alround car to my Clio) and it only has 150bhp, yet Cup/172 owners always try to push for a race! I mean, it should be no contest, but you still persist in trying.

i have only once bitten, and the 172 driver mst have bottled it or forgot to change gear cos he bottled at 100.

If you wanna race go on the track, or the strip, just grow up a bit, or just stay off my bumper.

****thread not meant to cause offence, just wondering what you are thinking when you try to race ALL the time**********

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

I personally drive pretty much the same all the time (when im on my own cause I dont like driving too mad when the missus/friends are in the car).

most of the time people just think Im racing them, when Im actually trying to point out that Im going faster than them and that there is another lane to the left they can use while i go past.

Dont get me wrong I dont drive like a complete nutter but why have a quick car if your not gonna use it

nah, its not that mate, its people pulling up at lights and deliberately trying it on, or when im doing a ton on the motorway, overtake a Clio and they come after ya, though they obviously were happy sitting at whatever speed they were at b4

primera gt - good cars the sri is no road burner but its not bad either. Better than that pile of cack almera.

But yes I agree clio drivers are generally t**sers that make saxo/nova/fiesta boiys seems liek the best drivers around.

Quote: Originally posted by Chris_H on 08 August 2003

But yes I agree clio drivers are generally t**sers that make saxo/nova/fiesta boiys seems like the best drivers around.

Is cos the Clio owners want to prove their underestimated cars are better than your every day modified saxo/nova/fiesta...

But yes I agree clio drivers are generally t**sers that make saxo/nova/fiesta boiys seems liek the best drivers around.
dangerous thing to say on here chris

yeah but why? It cant be that good if they have to prove it.

Its the kids, they all read max power, revs and think that corsas, saxos, novas and 106s are the dogs. specialy after the addition of a sun strip and peco big bore, surely nothing more fun than burning them in a Clio?

As for the grown ups tut tut, street racing, youll ruin the term boy racer.;)

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

not being funny but i think youve got that sentence the wrong way round.

At the end of the day I drive around normally dont rag my car, drive like I saint from cold but If I see some other kid thinkin his sun strip makes his saxo all that getting up my arse, ill happily drop a few gears and its fun seeing a 1.4 keeping up with a VTR and usualy out doing..

Was just wonderin, why is it that the Clio 172/Cup drivers just cant resist a race? I mean, they will race ANYTHING, and wont accept defeat.

They never race me! - I see a few 172s everyday at not once have they ever tried to race me in the 6 months or so ive had the car.

lmao - To be honest I get enough idiots trying to race me anyway - i am beginning to wonder if the rear of my car has a "race me" sign on it.

Today was a 1.6 rover attached to my bumper and cornering like a loony behind me.

I would love to compare my car to a 172 / Cup but most up here have Female drivers so that maybe the main reason.;)

as I said, wasnt here to cause a fight.

Weird thing is, the statement above saying "we want to prove our cars are good", well, why? They are good, they are fast, I prefer to know my car is quick, and occasionally scalp a car that should know better.

I just hate the way certain drivers seem to think all roads are race tracks, regardless of where, when, conditions etc.

guess Im just coming across the ones that bring all of us modified owners to shame.

Why do young men want to run 100 metres in 9 seconds? Why do young men want to go to the moon? Why do young men fight each other? Why do young men race cars? Why do young men compete at EVERYTHING?

Because they have a hormone called testosterone and it makes them competitive and aggressive. Its simple biology.

VW Potato

while youre right Stromba, but they also have something called common sense. Sadly, in most cases, its not proportional to the amount of testosterone they have, which is why they find it easier to exercise their right foot more often than their brain.

g

around where i live all they drive are corsas with bodykits and they think there the dogs b*****KS when u come up behind them they dont want to race but they try and wheel spin around corners sorry about off topic posti dont really know about 172 drivers because there only one where i live fom wat ive read they dont like admiting defeat.