ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why is my MAP sensor values going up when I open the throttle body?

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
I expected it to go down? Actually I expected it to start in minus values and get closer to 0 when the tb is open? Also can the sensor only read 0 - 13.9 psi?

map-vs-tp.png

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
when the throttle is shut you have a vacuum, as the throttle valve open you get atmospheric pressure the 13.9psi, well actually atmospheric pressure is 14.7 psi so you have vacuum of 0.8 psi through restriction in the intake

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
when the throttle is shut you have a vacuum, as the throttle valve open you get atmospheric pressure the 13.9psi, well actually atmospheric pressure is 14.7 psi so you have vacuum of 0.8 psi through restriction in the intake
for some reason I thought this would be corrected! thanks, this makes sense now :smile:

any idea on the range of the stock MAP sensor?

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Atmospheric. ~1100mBar. Without the engine running have a look at the map sensor and barometric sensor and they should be the same
Couldnt get a reading off the barometric sensor so thought it didnt have one, must be the wrong pid! I will try again!