ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why me???

Mk1 Clio 1.4L RT
Urgh, my car was broken into last week (some of you will probably have seen that post) then friday last week I got reversed into by a BMW X3, is it just me or do people hate my car? Proved to be a very expensive McDonalds lunch that day.
Anyway fair play to her insurers the payed up straight (full value of the car £610) and am now in the process of DIY fixing to save money, needed a new inner and outer left side front wings and a new headlight assembly.
Pics below:

77963182.jpg

dsc00983o.jpg

dsc00985ksx.jpg

dsc00986fk.jpg

Thankfully her bumper was high enough to miss the wheel so the tracking and everything else is fine, just the bodywork is damaged. Still could have done without it though :(

Last edited:
  Mk1 Clio 1.4L RT
If it went to my insurers repairs it would be a write off, but her company offered the money and said keep the car and do what you want with it.

JB

RB 182 Cup
That's a very nice Clio you have there, apart from the damage. Hope you get it fixed soon!

Mk1 Clio 1.4L RT
Be careful Josh, bad luck does come in three's.

Cheers mate really what I wanted to hear :(, sure everything will be fine though :)
Hopefully the new parts should arrive either today or tomorrow, was supposed to be today but I have my doubts now :dapprove:

Mk1 Clio 1.4L RT
New panels arrived yesterday, sadly they are not the best quality even though they are supposed to be new :dapprove: so gonna have to spend some time dollying them out with a block and hammer. Yay more work(!)

Never above 25mpg
New panels arrived yesterday, sadly they are not the best quality even though they are supposed to be new :dapprove: so gonna have to spend some time dollying them out with a block and hammer. Yay more work(!)

Send em back saying they're not fit for purpose and don't fit.

See if you can pick up a cheap second hand set for pennies and get a mate to spray it. You can pocket the rest!

Mk1 Clio 1.4L RT
Really cant be bothered waiting longer to get my car back, the defects arent major they are just dissapointing. Nothing a few minutes of gentle persuasion wont sort ;)

Mk1 Clio 1.4L RT
Why cut and weld? The wings are bolted on mate? inner wing f**ked?

The inner wing is in two parts, need to cut out a section of the old inner and weld in the new one, ill get an image and drawing if you want?

EDIT: Yes the inner wing is f***ked