ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why so hard to sell 182's

Hello everyone

I duno if it’s just me but I have been trying to sell my 182 for a while now and am really struggling.
I’ve literally had no interest, sold cars at this time of year before and haven’t had any trouble so what do people think it is? Too high price? Something dodgy im saying in the advert?
It’s up on pistonheads ( http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/250716.htm ) and autotrader as well.
Any one else trying to sell Clio sport's atm having trouble too?

Tom

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
Tom the market is not great at the moment! i struggled to sell my elise (get roughly what i want for it 2 weeks ago in part chop for my cup) bear with it...:eek:

Lots of factors...mortgage rate/people come back from holidays etc etc

clio 172
i had the same problem mate! advert looks fine its just one of those things the more expensive the car the longer it takes to sell (or it has been that way in my experience) my £3k saxo sold in a week its just luck of the draw

182BG
hmm thats a really good price, i wouldnt worry, it will sell

I can honestly say if i had the cash i would take that off your hands :)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Was expecting to see some chaved up clio, but that car looks mint, would be an advert i'd take and interest in if i was looking.

Looks good to me mate, last year I tried to sell my boxsterS on autotrader, nobody called, after a month I ended up selling to a garage, lost££££s:mad:

Scirocco GT 210
I can honestly say if i had the cash i would take that off your hands :)

Me too. Even though I really dislike my current clio, damn Renault build quality. :dapprove: I'd be very tempted to go for that one if I had the money. :eek: Looks very tidy indeed. Good price too.

Only problem I can say is that it says £7150 in the title and £7250 at the bottom of the advert, other than that a good advert lots of people are struggling to sell 182's at the moment.

Tom the market is not great at the moment! i struggled to sell my elise (get roughly what i want for it 2 weeks ago in part chop for my cup) bear with it...:eek:

Lots of factors...mortgage rate/people come back from holidays etc etc

hahaha why did you sell it? finally get bore dof it being so damn slow? :D

Maz

LY 200
Has it had its 36k service and aux belt?

I had exactly the same problem when trying to sell mine a while back, no genuine interest at all.

Hey thanks for all the positive comments guess ill just have to hold on in their be getin more worried though if it gets too close to Christmas.
Cheers for the spot on the price have updated that now.
It is a really nice one don’t want to sell it really but need the cash and have already bought a 205 gti.
It has had the 36k service at Renault (I thought it was a 34k one) was a bit early though at 31000 because previous owner done the first service at 9000 so everything is a bit before it should be.

320d
insurance prices rising also put people off 182's its realy expensive for anyone under 23ish so that age range is out and most people go on to bigger cars like megans due to familys etc at 26-30's. Also its a buyers market with 182's because there are so many on sale to choose from.

172 cup TT
yeh sod it dont drop anymore... no point giving a car that is actually a great car away.. i wouldnt, and not either!... rather run it into the ground and have fun with it than do that

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
Hello everyone

I duno if it’s just me but I have been trying to sell my 182 for a while now and am really struggling.
I’ve literally had no interest, sold cars at this time of year before and haven’t had any trouble so what do people think it is? Too high price? Something dodgy im saying in the advert?
It’s up on pistonheads ( http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/250716.htm ) and autotrader as well.
Any one else trying to sell Clio sport's atm having trouble too?

Tom

This year I've sold three cars on Pistonheads.

Firstly my Integra Type R in January. I let it go ridiculously cheap for £4550. It went in 24 hrs. However the buyer would've discovered a few undesirable points after driving the car for a week or so. Though the buyer was an as**ole!

Later in the year I sold my Lotus Elise S1. I bought it for £8650 and let it go for £8150 three months later in May. It took about a three weeks to sell it. I paid over the odds for it's year and miles but it was in mint condition. I lost £500 but just had to stomach it. I didn't want it hanging around in the advertisments too long as people can become put off by this. Only way round this is take it out of the advertisments, reword the ad and re-photo your car.

I sold a friends Mitsubishi F.T.O as well. Again sold within a week.

If you car is immaculate like you say, then place that in the heading. It worked for my Elise. On Pistonheads you can afford to be a little more elaborate about your car. Give a little more detail about the service history and how the car has been looked after. Mention about you being a member of Clio Sport. Sell it to the buyer and it being one of the best Clio's on Pistonheads. I've read your ad and it's o.k. but it doesn't shout out about it's condition. Just becareful you don't sound too over zealous about the car.

Also I'd re-take the photos. This does help believe me. I know it's not always possible but try and take a few in sunlight and a few when overcast. Then decide which you think looks best. You've got shadows on the car, it'd look alot better if they weren't there. Also try and get the car as much of you car in the photo as possible. A detailed photo of one of the wheels would help. Again this helps in showing potential buyers just how well you've looked after the car and what beautiful condtion it's in. A photo of you engine bay would go a miss. If it isn't clean, clean it. With mid thirties it can't be that dirty.

Your price sounds rather good. I paid 8K for my 05' 182 Cup in blue with stripes, 16K when I bought it back June. I haven't been looking at the prices recently but if you want it/can afford to move it on quickly, drop your price only by a little.

Hope this helps.:)

Thanks for all the tips guys.

Managed to sell it this morning to the first person who came to see it so good result.

Cheers
Tom