ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why wont my Dynamic start

2002 Clio Dynamic

Gettin really pissed off with it now as it started a wee habit of not starting first time,then it would but not start after the ignition was turned off,Now its not starting at all it is turning over but just doesnt seem to catch and its also making the whole car shake or judder like feck!

There are no warning lights on and the only engine mod i have is an induction kit and backbox!

Anybody any suggestion as i cant even get it started to take it to a dealer to get it checked under warranty

Suzuki SV1000S

get out and lock the car - Then bang the key about a bit - Then unlock it and try again - May be the immobiliser

If its turning over but not catching then is it not a fueling problem?

Changing my fuel filter tomorrow hopefully as I think thats why mine wont start lol

2002 Clio Dynamic

Been thinking it was the imobiliser cause sometimes it makes a constant beeping noise when i press it to lock the doors,do all clios come with a wee red led just next to the gearstick? dunno if mines is standard or not

Suzuki SV1000S

Mine has a small red LED next to the gear nob matey so must be. There is also a fuse for the immobiliser so you could try removing that too.

How many times does it flash when you lock it (the indicators)

A well built VW

Try disconnecting the battery for a bit and see if it works ok when you redo it I had trouble a wee while ago and it worked for me

2002 Clio Dynamic

Disconnected the battery for almost an hour,and gave it a charge whilst i was waiting and its still no starting!

Tried to take the fuse for the immobiliser out but it dont turn over so had to put it back in!

Da

Less

the flashing red led next to the gear stick is NOT standard on the Mk2 Ph2 mate, only the one on the dash display is Reno fitted. I suspect that its had an aftermarket immob/alarm fitted and this is the cause of the problem. Is it a UK car?

2002 Clio Dynamic

Yip its a uk spec clio,always wondered if the light was after market or not!

Seen the standard scorpion alarm unit when i fitted my wiper convertion but didnt notice any other one under my scuttle board

Da

Less

dont think Scorpion unit is the standard one mate. Try getting this and the other immob disconnected as it sounds as tho its going faulty and will eventually fail totally.

Da

Less

true, but lower models dont have the reno alarm mate. I could be wrong tho im just going on whats in mine and the other few Clios ive been in.

Shhh

u should get 3years AA cover as with the 3 years warranty.

You ring up and give the plate number, thats all.....(and of course where you are)

2002 Clio Dynamic

Does that still count if i got the car second hand? My 3 yrs warranty dont run out until sept this year

Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI

I had a Dynamiquie 1.2 and had the same problems. To start it you had to pull the key up as you turned it or bump start it which made me discount the imobiliser theory. Took it back to Renault though and it was the emobiliser. In you key there is a disc, if it moves it buggers the whole thing up.

Id take to a Renault garage and ask, they are normally quite helpful.

Doesnt the light on the dash flash quickly if its an immob problem? I had a similar starting problem in my old car and it was the TDC sensor. The guy from the AA said to disconnect a cable behind the engine somewhere, leave it 4 a while and plug it back in and it started. Couldnt tell u where that is now though it was ages ago, maybe some1 else will know?

Mine would not start once. It was the battery that was dead..only 1 amp left in it. Got AA out and they replaced it. It makes me wonder if the monkeys at the reno garage swopped it. You can test the immobiliser by putting tin foil around the key before starting it so that it blocks it from reading the key.