ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why won't my HU fit?

Slow red one
Plenty of room behind it and used to fit in my old 1.2 clio but seems real tight fit and won't go all way in? any help be great!

photo14.jpg

photo22.jpg
pencil.png

Yeh thats the problem all that extra cable they give dont fit, tuck it down on the right and just f**king push lol.

Astra Twintop
two man job!

tuck cables in as best you can, force the HU back, and hook the little catches over on either side of the cage.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Good grief .. take it all out and start again man ! :rasp:

For starters, the cage isn't in properly ! Put that in first, secure it, then put the HU in.

Secondly, there's plenty of room to tuck the wires away to the left and below the space where the radio will be. Poke them down there and then you should be home and dry with a little encouragement. Don't just ram it home !!!

172cup
Try tying a length of string to the stereo loom behing the iso connector, then feed the wire through on of the cavities behind the unit and out into the passenger footwell. As your pushing the unit into place pull the new piece of string or wire down. this will move the wiring behind the unit to the side allowing you to click the HU into place. As said before use marginal force but not enough to break the HU wiring. when the units in, follow the new wire up behind the dash and cut it leaving the unit in place with no string or wires showing.
photo14.jpg

Job done :cool:

172cup
If the cage isnt secured first you ll need to disconnect the HU and place this in bending the tabs to stop it moving. Hope this helps

Slow red one
Yeah thanks, with a bit of effort eventually got it in but think i'll struggle if it needs to come out lol! Was going to add a sub but dunno if I can be bothered now. Want a yozza!

Yeah thanks, with a bit of effort eventually got it in but think i'll struggle if it needs to come out lol! Was going to add a sub but dunno if I can be bothered now. Want a yozza!

Did you push all the pins in properly or can I still break into your car one night and steal your hu? :L

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
They only need a biro or something similar to pop the catches. Others need the keys but you can buy those in halfords anyway. Don't leave the face on .. problem solved ;)

BG 182
I've come to realise all aftermarket units are fairly easy to remove tbh. But taking the face off is definately the best idea!