ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whys that denison so expensive?

Leon Cupra 300
ive looked at these, im only wanting the cable no holder but how do they get 100 quid for it?!!!! and it seems like its the same price as the ones with the holder. is this right?

E90
Mines at VW today for the denison lead, and its 120 euros about 80 quid ish, I was told there was no holder available as yet for gen 5 ipiddle (video)

Leon Cupra 300
I dont want the holder! but the cable on its own is the same price should be cheaper! or am i just a virginal tw4t?

Does that connect 2 lead loose any features? might just go for that if it dont.

Clio 172 Cup
ozzyo99 said:
Connects2 ipod adaptor, ARNIPOD003 from Halfords, £80.
I guess this is in store only?

The website has the Denison units but at full price, £150 for the IceLink, £100 for the FM modulator.

Leon Cupra 300
Tripps said:
I guess this is in store only?

The website has the Denison units but at full price, £150 for the IceLink, £100 for the FM modulator.

whats the difference between icelink and other one

Clio 172 Cup
philmots said:
whats the difference between icelink and other one
The IceLink comes with a dock is the only real difference AFAIK.

The Denison actually uses a component from Connect2 from what I've been told, as I recall the unit that connects to the Renault changer socket at the back of the head unit.

106 GTi
Thought the connects kit came with bigger circuit board boxes that are harder to tuck away. Went for the denison myself.

Leon Cupra 300
Ah ok, i think i want the denison anyway it seems better for some reason i dont even know! so does anyone know where i can get the dension dock cable for less than 100 quid? and are they car specific?

SLK 350
Rich said:
Thought the connects kit came with bigger circuit board boxes that are harder to tuck away. Went for the denison myself.

They tuck above the glove box easily, theres acres of space in there, just wrapped mine in foam and put them in there. Then fed the dock cable into the cup holder part. Works a treat.

Clio 172 Cup
ozzyo99 said:
They tuck above the glove box easily, theres acres of space in there, just wrapped mine in foam and put them in there. Then fed the dock cable into the cup holder part. Works a treat.
Is there no space in the area behind the HU and between the glove box to hide the cables, then had just the dock cable poking into the bottom of the glove compartment?

E90
philmots said:
Ah ok, i think i want the denison anyway it seems better for some reason i dont even know! so does anyone know where i can get the dension dock cable for less than 100 quid? and are they car specific?

If you cant find it on ebay, NO.

Clio 172 Cup
Just been to my local Halfords and they are selling the Denisons for £100 and the Connect2 for £85 - both have to be ordered, at least at the branch I visited anyway.

A4 Avant & A3
If buying from halfords, make sure the denison is actually the icelink, NOT the FM Modulator.
When i was looking into them last year, halfords just had the FM one which isn't the same/as good.

I went for the denison icelink+ and it's been spot on (if a bit expensive)

Clio 172 Cup
Norris_309 said:
If buying from halfords, make sure the denison is actually the icelink, NOT the FM Modulator.
When i was looking into them last year, halfords just had the FM one which isn't the same/as good.
It's definitely the IceLink, checked it myself in the catalogue and the bloke checked it against the car type on screen.

Never trust the bozos at Halfrauds myself, so I'm always especially vigilant!

www.renparts.co.uk
im pretty sure the fm one is still called the ice link, at halfords, still plugs into the radio but is essensially an FM modulator.

Clio 172 Cup
joshydee said:
im pretty sure the fm one is still called the ice link, at halfords, still plugs into the radio but is essensially an FM modulator.
Could well be that he just gave me the wrong price, as they advertise the proper IceLink+ for £150 on the website, so it seems strange that it's cheaper in store.