ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wick’s CS story so far (serious essay content, you have been warned!)

Happy birthday Clio. 1 year with me this week and I've racked up 14,000 miles. Lots has changed since the start of this thread, reading through is cringeworthy. Thank you CS for guiding the way.

Treated it to a clean today and this was the only snap I grabbed as the carpark I was planning on shooting it in was overrun by chavs. Still scrubs up all right even after just tipping the 90,000mile marker.

6704329107_02b6114a04_z.jpg

CleanedBG_01 by Sam_Wick, on Flickr

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Very nice example, that really is shiny. :cool:
Fair play, you obviously put alot of effort in your car and it shows.

I've come to realise that i'm very lazy, I never wash my car untill the dirt's an inch thick,
although I suspect mine will never look as good as many on here.

Very nice example, that really is shiny. :cool:
Fair play, you obviously put alot of effort in your car and it shows.

I've come to realise that i'm very lazy, I never wash my car untill the dirt's an inch thick,
although I suspect mine will never look as good as many on here.

Haha thanks. Fit from afar but far from fit, I believe is an appropriate phrase. Needs someone who is handy with the sponges to do a full correction detail as it is covered in swirls and minor imperfections. But unless your 12 inches from it it look tidy enough :)

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
You're doing better than me mate, even when mine's clean you have to stand about 6ft away from it for it to look good.
For the alloys to look good you need to stand on the other side of the road. :S

Milltek'd clio 182
sam the cars looking the business mate! what car park was you going to then that was full of chavs? anyway let us know when your about snapping away with your camera, i wouldnt mind having some shots taken with ya! let us know and i will be there matey!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Front end looks much better filled out a bit !

Nice to meet you on Sat dude :approve: Hope you didn't fill Rob's garage up with too much vomit ?

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Just red through the while thread :) A really good read!

The car looks amazing for 90k too!

What's next on the list then?

sam the cars looking the business mate! what car park was you going to then that was full of chavs? anyway let us know when your about snapping away with your camera, i wouldnt mind having some shots taken with ya! let us know and i will be there matey!

Will do mate. Only the underground carpark beneath Morrisons. Didn't fancy wandering in with a shiny car and a few hundred quids worth of camera gear lol! [/wimp]
o and definatley do them bad boys black. once you go black you never go back :approve:
~

Noooo!! Silver is fresh lol :)

Looks awesome in that last pic dude.

Cheers, try for some more tonight.

What's your updated list of mods?
Looks like its lowered now from your newest pic?

What you see is it pretty much. Nothing fancy:

Silvervisions
Oz F1's
25mm spacers on the front
Raceland Coilovers - Cough cough splutter :eek:
Alcantra interior trim
3/4 plate in the boot

Looks great but needs a CS sheep smaller front plate, they really suit the front end.

One in the boot lol!

Really nice mate. Looks properly clean too!

Cheers

Wheels fill the arches very nicely! ;)

Scrubbing like a b*tch lol! Bumps are not my favourite atm. Deciding whether to go back to sportlines and new shocks, raise the racelands, or buy a set of the GAZ adjustables in the classified for some proper camber YO!

Front end looks much better filled out a bit !

Nice to meet you on Sat dude :approve: Hope you didn't fill Rob's garage up with too much vomit ?

Mutual. No Vom thank god, couldn't quite finish my Maccy D's though much to Roberto's amusement. Was very impressed with Dan's Meg, can't stop thinking about an upgrade now!

You've got to love the mention of Rob's Autos too... :dapprove:

Mechanical work carried out by my resident Sidcup spanner monkey Robert. All work comes with a lifetime guarantee apparently.

What a b*****d. I hope that cup of tea he didn't drink was on the invoice too !!

Flol!

Just red through the while thread :) A really good read!

The car looks amazing for 90k too!

What's next on the list then?

Save for a TVR Chimaera. No point spending money on this rattle box, I'll just enjoy it for what it is :D

What size spacers did you use to make the wheels sit like that?

See below, Scrubby McScrubberson over bumps though, probably due to the fact my coilovers give me all of 1 degree neg camber adjustment, and they've currently been set up by me.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Good thread mate, very clean BG. I would struggle to decide over RB aswell

Not sure whether to go for 20 or 25mm spacers. Your car looks great but can't be bothered with scrubbing although mine is just lowered on springs at the moment so should be ok?

How are the racelands? I've been tempted myself...

Good thread mate, very clean BG. I would struggle to decide over RB aswell

Cheers! I still want RB every time a good one pops up.

Not sure whether to go for 20 or 25mm spacers. Your car looks great but can't be bothered with scrubbing although mine is just lowered on springs at the moment so should be ok?

How are the racelands? I've been tempted myself...

On springs I think I'd be ok. I don't want scrubbing so I think I'll have to either raise mine, go back to sportlines and fresh rear shocks or upgrade to H&R/gaz so I can chuck on 2deg or more camber at the front. Think It'll be really hard for me to go back to not having the spacers cos they look amazing lol!

Racelands are fine if you don't expect miracles for the money. They do the job of getting you low and I feel more controlled in corners (car feels a bit more point and go, not necessarily quicker), but the downside is it is slightly more skittish on uneven ground and the ride is crashy (but not unbearable).

IMO they don't deserve the bad press they get but obviously are non comparable to someone who has spent £700 upwards on spax/b14's/KW's. That said, I am yet to track so for the road they have been ample. All in my opinion and I am sure someone who drives different roads in a different style will argue otherwise.

It can be difficult to get a decent review of them so thanks for that. There are many people who say they're rubbish just because they're cheap, others who say they're the same as Ktec's and various other comments mainly from people who dont have any experience with them.

Spacers are definitely on my list of things to get.

Sam, don't worry about a bit of scrubbage. It happened once in the whole time we were out in it, not worth panicking ;)

You didn't drive to work with me this morning lol!! More than a bit of scrubbing :rasp: Roundabouts and bumps are not favourable.

It can be difficult to get a decent review of them so thanks for that. There are many people who say they're rubbish just because they're cheap, others who say they're the same as Ktec's and various other comments mainly from people who dont have any experience with them.

Spacers are definitely on my list of things to get.

I would say they may well be off the same production line as the KTR ones. For the 172 you'd be better off than myself as the cup packed ones are redrilled to 60mm therefore making camber adjustment troublesome passed -1deg. Bear in mind my review is compared to 80 odd thousand mile shocks. So hardly gonna be as renault intended lol!

Just updating for the sake of updating really so I can keep track of things. No new pics sorry.

I'm keeping the clio for a while! A wise man called Rob (and Chris come to think of it) once said "It's probably better the devil you know than the devil you don't..."

I'd fallen a bit out of love with it recently. Viewed a ph1 this weekend because I felt I had an itch that needed scratching and had been watching a VX220 on ebay that ended at £5,800 but was in Scotland (tbf if it was closer I could have viewed it I probably would have bought it lol).

Anyway, thought if I spend a bit of money on the Clio to bring it back up to scratch I'd be a happy bunny again.

Tonight's spending:

DVLA - 245
Tax

G172 - 146
Mintex rear disc's and pad
Brembo HC's

Ebay - 40
2L of ATE super blue dot 4
New centre exhaust hanger

Plans for next week or two:
Refit standard exhaust
Get hold of Fred for some DS2500's
Fit brake lines and stopping goodies above with full system bleed
Get my act together and order a new brake pedal switch from Wests Ren (sort the CC fault hopefully)
Fix passenger seat tilt mech
Raise rear an inch, lower front a smidge then geo set up.

Then get it on track and enjoy it as it should be.

Cheeky one from the ACE

6258363809_012877cdc3_z.jpg
m_AceCafe_08 by Sam_Wick, on Flickr

Un-spaced
6241367740_ce09e6ccda_z.jpg

m_Raceland_06 by Sam_Wick, on Flickr

6241370800_8d71823f44_z.jpg

Clio 182 (1) by Sam_Wick, on Flickr

Now on 92K. Just given it oil and filter as well :D

Last edited:
so you selling me your sportlines or what lol

Haha. I might ditch the racelands and go back to the sportlines for the time being.... BUT, if some nice cup packed susp comes up at a good price 2nd hand then I'll snap that up. H&R for sure, spax if cheap and maybe GAZ depending on reviews and condition.

As soon as I know, I'll happily send them your way. I'll happily help fit them as well if you want :)

Milltek'd clio 182
sounds cool to me, nah gaz sounds epic mate. Go for it! o an nice clean pics btw. Well if you decide to come down bearing gifts then i will order a big fat pizza in. cheers matey!