ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wider Tyres

Just wondering what size tyres i can get on a set of turbines. they come with 185/55/15, but they seem to slide and loose grip a bit. would 195/50 or 205/50 be any better and fit? the car is lowered 60mm front and about 90mm on the back

anyone with 205s? do the 195s grip alot better? want some good tyres though, its dropped on coilovrs n stll doesnt grip

the tyres at the min are michelin pilots, thought they were meant to be good. whats a good tyre then for 195/50 profile? dont want to go to 45 as the car is already low enough lol

^^Yeah, and if youre going for williams front track (which you mentioned before) youll have major scrubbing with 205s when lowered.

I run 205/45s on the front of the rally car. Its running Willy wheels and track though.

No problems with clearance and to to be honest, no real performance advantage over 195s.

I would say tbh the problem is more the height set-up of the car rather then the width of the tyres, wiht the back end that low you will understear to buggery, back end is designed to sit slightly hihgher than the front end