ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Will 182 alloys fit on a 1.2?

They fit in the way that they won't be dangerous or fall off again if that's what you mean. Pretty sure there's something to do with the offset meaning they sit out/in a bit, could be wrong though.

Evo 8 MR
I think the offset is the same isn't it?

Although the 182 wheels are an inch wider so they may catch the shock absorber, this happened with the 172 wheels I put on mine.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Hi. x

15072008738.jpg

Answer : Yes they do.

I have recently put some 182 Alloys on my Mk2 Ph2 1.2.

The back tyres are rubbing a bit, against the side of the wheel arch and the inner side wall of the tyre. Its not rubbing on the suspension upright thing, but next to this further back on the plastic wheel arch bit.

Is there any way I can stop this?

Ibiza FR
I'm putting some ph1 172 alloys on my 1.2, but I'm going to put some 3 or 5mm spacers on there to stop the rubbing, you'd probably have to do the same thing too 'cause of the wider wheels :)

Ibiza FR
Yea I think that would help on mine
Im just a bit worried about getting spacers as there are lots of mixed opinions on them!

I am exactly the same! But I think it's fine to go 3 or 5mm without having to go all out on hubcentrics! Someone may correct me though....

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
im playing a dangerous game with mine i have ph2 172 wheels on mine and the spacers are the same width as the spigot on the drum so my back wheels are resting on the studs >.< and the studs are to short lol

Im thinking about buying hubcentric ones tbh lol

Answer to above question yes they will but they may need a small spacer to stop them rubbing on the radious arms

~Tunst