ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Will 215/40/16 Fit on Clio172

Thanks for replying Dejan, im going to get 16 inch SuperTs. Do you get any rubbing, cause im going to lower my car by 40mm. Or increase in aquaplanning with those tyres?.

Thanks for the help,

Chun.

My car is lowered for about 5 cm or even more and I get no rubbing. I get rubbing only when my car is full loaded(5 people in it)!

why do you want such wide tyres?, you will need at least a 7J wheels for that or it will look silly. Whats wrong with 195?

Cause thats the only 16 inch tyre size that has exactly, down to the mm, the same rolling radius as 195/50/15

Chun.

but why such a ned for the same radius? the difference is not that influential. The main point is the increase in footprint size, its 2cm wider!!!

a larger footprint will mean ultimately more grip. However, grip is a completly different thing to handling. The wider tyre will affect the chassis dynamics....a bit

Im still concidering the pros and cons. But the rubbing part does sound like a pain in the arse. Might go for the 195/45/16, but will cause a slight decrease in acceration. Extra 6mm in diameter of the wheel. If it didnt rub I wuold use 215/40/16 tho

Chun.

i would stick with the 195s as the mk2 172 has 16" wheels with 195/45/16 tyres and they are identical chassis.