ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Will Be Interesting To See...

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
see the classic build quality is touched on!

:lolup:

imo the driving position is ok - no more no worse.

BMW M3
Didnt realise 182's were as fast as them, but TBH dont really know what ITRs are like for performence. Are they a 2litre straight 4 ?

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Not much in it imo..I've had one tussle with one, but it was semi wet so we were both cautious. Cant comment passed that. DC5 - no chance.

Tyson.

Seems a fairly balanced thread with only assumptions or s**t being talked by a couple of them. Good cars the DC2's similar in terms of perfomance and always held up as one of the greatest FWD chassis/cars about although i've never driven one personally. The people on there saying reliability of renaults is s**t havnt a clue, im on my Second RS now covered about 45K miles in total between the two of them and ive never had an issue.

SC 172 FF
"From what I understand your mate is more likely to be making claims on his warranty than claims of having a better car! "

lol classic

Clio 172 Cup
Just want to say that I think the comments on here typify the difference between the 2 boards.
Everyone on here is positive about a 'competitor'.

I joined that DC2 forum before I bought my 172. Made a couple of posts asking for information and was completely put off by the attitudes of some of the idiots on there.
I like the DC2 Integra a lot, but equally I am impressed by the Clio and so here I am....

Thanks for making this a happy place to be! :cool:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
The DC5 is rapid! Noteable quicker than a Clio...The DC2 isn't, identical to the 172. Catch them off cam and you'll walk all over it.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Russell B. said:
Just want to say that I think the comments on here typify the difference between the 2 boards.

I joined that DC2 forum before I bought my 172. Made a couple of posts asking for information and was completely put off by the attitudes of some of the idiots on there.
I like the DC2 Integra a lot, but equally I am impressed by the Clio and so here I am....

Thanks for making this a happy place to be! :cool:

You've caught ua all on a good day...I think the ITR boys are friendly enough.

DC5 standard 220bhp, i want 1 in dat acrtic blue.

Attachments

• IMG_0656.jpg
    IMG_0656.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
DC5 rules, love one. Honda never sold him here, because lets face it, why would you buy a Civic Type R when you could have one a DC5!?

Nissan 350Z
Russell B. said:

I know I havent been a member on here for long.... but....

When I had my Fabia there was a couple of times when I saw links to this forum (when it was blue) and to be honest, the amount of muppets I saw here then was staggering. Almost enough to put me off the car altogether.

I'm pleased to say that doesn't seem to be the case at all now.

Apologies if this offends, but its just how I remember it.

Peace :cool:

pbirkett said:
When I had my Fabia there was a couple of times when I saw links to this forum (when it was blue) and to be honest, the amount of muppets I saw here then was staggering. Almost enough to put me off the car altogether.

I'm pleased to say that doesn't seem to be the case at all now.

Apologies if this offends, but its just how I remember it.
Its your opinion and i personally am glad your posted your views.
Its interesting to see how visiters view the forum as without creating a good impression we'd be going nowhere quickly.
You don't remember who or what gave you that impression do you it would be interesting to see if it was particular people viewpoints language or whatever made you think that.

Tangoed Works
I was going to buy a DC5 until recently. But looking at the new RS CLio 3 with the brembos and stuff, looks like a more fun package. More real world useable if you catch my drift. Plus I've always had a soft spot for french cars. 2 saxo vtr's and a clio 2 dynamique, i remember the handliing was spot on and the chuckability is the most fun part. Cant wait till spring to take a test drive!

jayxx83 said:
But looking at the new RS CLio 3 with the brembos and stuff, looks like a more fun package.
The new RS won't have Brembos they were just for the demo car. Later specical edition model might have brembos but I don't imagine they will. the new car does look good though.

Tangoed Works
Yea has is got like a flat floor and reverse spoilers underath like the F360 to generate downforce? If so should be fun taking corners at high speed and feeling it stick to the ground. Id imaging theyd bring out "cup" versions with increased downforce or similar????

Nissan 350Z
edde said:
Its your opinion and i personally am glad your posted your views.
Its interesting to see how visiters view the forum as without creating a good impression we'd be going nowhere quickly.
You don't remember who or what gave you that impression do you it would be interesting to see if it was particular people viewpoints language or whatever made you think that.

I honestly cant remember any names - I didnt own a Clio and I wasnt a member... but the main thing that gave me that impression was some of the comments in a particular sub forum about racing, where people gave details of their scalps. To be honest, I found it quite compelling reading, but there were clearly some right idiots displaying some very bad (albeit fast) driving, and bragging about it, while slagging off other cars left, right and centre.

It just seemed like there was a lot of charvers on the board at the time.

I cant really say I've noticed many or even any since I joined though.