ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

will i fail MOT with these plates....

its 2moro morning.. ahhhh. :(

would you fail me for having them. :eek:

picture005dr6.jpg

picture014dl7.jpg

Are the letters the right size Jay ?? and is there space of 11mm from the letters to the edge of the plate ? if yes to both you'll be fine.
also do they have the bs number on them - not that any mot testers ever looked for it on my cars.

what is a BS NO:
the letters are correct size.
only thing is the plates are cut down.

the length of the plates are 17cms long
think standard plate size is around 19cms or 21cms

bs number - british standard number, it'll be on the right hand side at the bottom mate.

If it does fail on them you'll have 14 days to get a new set made up any way.
Personally I think it will pass. Let us know if they fail you on them.

cat171 said:
bs number - british standard number, it'll be on the right hand side at the bottom mate.

If it does fail on them you'll have 14 days to get a new set made up any way.
Personally I think it will pass. Let us know if they fail you on them.

thanx dude. i got my plates custom made @ speedline graphics
ill keep u updated

below is what they are meant to do, i got it from the MOT checklist. it doesnt say anything about going on the rollers, but i could be wrong. from what i remember, my car didnt go on rollers last MOT. btw, im going to a KWIT FIT. £35 :)

Brakes
Condition operation and performance (efficiency test). Wheels are not removed during the test. The tester only examined what they can see, reach or feel.

soon: 172 Cup
If the letters are standard British height/thickness then there legal. They look the right size so i would say they are fine fella!

williams and trophy
JLO said:
below is what they are meant to do, i got it from the MOT checklist. it doesnt say anything about going on the rollers, but i could be wrong. from what i remember, my car didnt go on rollers last MOT. btw, im going to a KWIT FIT. £35 :)

Brakes
Condition operation and performance (efficiency test). Wheels are not removed during the test. The tester only examined what they can see, reach or feel.

let me have the address of the last place u gt ur mot done if they didnt put it on the rollers. could save a fortune on brake renewals lol.

they put the car on the rollers to test the brake efficiency . both footbrake and handbrake.

Every car I've ever taken to an MOT station has been on the rollers.

"Condition operation and performance (efficiency test)" <---- There you go right there :)

car? need a license 1st!
don't number plates have to have the name of the garage and a postcode underneath the main plate for them to be worthy?

cock mobile.
Chewy said:
don't number plates have to have the name of the garage and a postcode underneath the main plate for them to be worthy?

No I heard this from somewhere as well, not sure if there's any truth in it.

It could be true, a way of regulating who is making correct plates etc.

ok he passed me on everything else including plates, BUT i still failed.

my top mounts need replacing. i ordered a set and they will be fixed 2moro.

2 new tyres on the front. im glad ill have cash for all this.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
uh oh.......shame

mine is today jlo.........haven't heard from the garage yet so i hope all is well

had to put the cat back on mine...but all plates are legal, has 4 new tyres and new rear brakes...lets keep the fingures crossed

Chewy said:

When I was pulled over for speeding on the M6 Toll one of the officers in the car asked why I had illegal plates on my car! He said they were perfectly readable and issue a ticket but told me to be aware that I might get pulled over with them.

He also told me that the 'euro style' plates have to include the post code of the company that made them!