ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Will I have problems over here with an Australian PS3?

Mk2 Golf GTI
From what I've read so far we're in the same bluray region and games don't have regions anyway.

My mate is willing to sell his for cheap as he moved back from a year in Oz and never uses it.

Could there be any other issues i.e. power, online content etc? I'm guessing I can wipe it and create a UK PSN account?

Finding a used slim PS3 is harder than I thought!

Cheers

Monaro VXR
Should work fine, bluray region is not something to worry much about either. The majority of blurays released are region free. But always worth checking them if buying from another region.

games will play fine as all ps3 games are region free and the pal/ntsc is a thing of the past as ps3 will convert the picture if need be on a sd tv but if your playing in HD it doesnt matter as 720p/1080i/p are 60HZ anyway

Astra CDTI SRI
Should be fine.

Australia is PAL / Region B for blu rays, same as UK.

Power voltage is the same in UK and Oz as well. No converter (apart from the actual plug) will be needed. Or you just buy a UK power lead!

Last edited: