ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

will i need a bigger battery

im gettin my system fittin 2mo, ive got everything, i was just wondering if the standard car battery supplied by renault will be powerfull enough? coz my mates lights go dim as the system is on!

When you say system what do you mean? Eg. how many watts are going to be outputted by the amps. Id just play it by ear, if your lights dim a little try a second battery or get a beefier one thrown under the bonnet.

it is usually a good idea to upgrade the battery when changing anything electrical in the car

way to tell how bad the standard battery is, start car, turn on lights, operate electric mirrors and watch the lights dim, that will tell you the standard battery struggles even under a small loading

Stanced Honda S2000

ive got 2 amps in my clio, one being a 400 watt 2 channel amp and the 2nd being a 220 jensen, my clios fine with standard battery, everything on my cars electric aswell but the batterys fine, odviosly it will shorten its life but christ its worth it 4 that bass!!

Try it without upgrading your battery to see how it runs. If you do get problems with dimming lights or the battery running low you could try getting the biggest battery that wil fit in the tray or go for an Optima red top or simlar Exide battery as a replacement.

Russ

or what u could do oh sorry should do is,

uprate your alternator all the battery does is start your car, once its running the alternator provides the volts

its a common mistake, your clio has for example a 70amp alternator which is quite happy whilst no stereo, as soon as you add to your system your asking more from your alternator, e.g two amps pulling 30amp each is 60 amps.

suddenyl your alternator is now being asked for a additional 60amp ontop of running the car and lights windscreen wipers etc.

still following?

hence peoples batterys dying because their alternator cant provide enough power so takes it from battery,

get a custom wound alternator, not to expensive in fact cheaper than a new battery.

Tom