ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

will i need spacers

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
i am fitting my rokkor coilovers next weekend, i have 17 inch alloys with the tyre dimension 205 40 17, will i need spacers or will they fit fine, if i need spacers how wide do i need and can you reccommend me any.

simon

S

Ste King 182

you may need spacers on the front as i did on my beemer because the wheel may rub on the coilovers i used 10mm on mine.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
As above, 10mm will do.
I have Rokkors and i was rubbing the strut without spacers.

a low one
i would say you need them. im not sure 10mm would clear it though, mine are 15mm and there INCREDIBLY close to the strut on 195/45/16

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
i would say you need them. im not sure 10mm would clear it though, mine are 15mm and there INCREDIBLY close to the strut on 195/45/16

so should i get 20mm for the front cos i am on 205/45/17, and which should i buy

what about the rear?

a low one
i couldnt say for definite mate as i think anything above 15mm and youd be fouling the arches! and i dont have those size wheels either.

whatever you buy make sure they are hubcentric!

and the rears dont need spacers, its more for a looks thing as they wont rub on any shocks or bodywork

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
i have been looking on venom motorsport and they look like a good price but which ones do i want

4/100 PCD 60,1 NLB M12x1,5/S Thread

or

5/108 PCD 60,1 NLB M14x1,5/S Thread

a link to the site
trans.gif

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
thanks mate, just need to work out what size to get how do i work this out cos i am at uni so i cant get the wheel off and want to get the job done over next weekend

i am thinking either 10mm or 16mm

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
i see but does it not mainly depend on the width of the tyre and the offset

LY200
I got 15mm hubcentrics for my fronts Si on my old 1.2 with 182 wheels. You can miss it by loosening the. Front strut bookers and pulling the wheel out to get a posetive camber but I wouldn't advise it. When your coilovers are fitted you will need the camber setup because you alter the camber when fitting them. I used midland vw in cannock. Pm me if you need any help mate

LY200
The longer bolts are wrong mate, the taper was different for my 182 wheels you can try them on yours they may work. But if not I got 8 new longer wheel bolts for about 20quid from an alloy wheel shop in Rugeley.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
yeah they may fit mine cos it is a non renault wheel with various holes in it.
thanks for the link