ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Will it last forever........

My valver has just passed 98000 miles. Its still in perfect nick and Ive had no real problems with it. Are these engines durable and will it go on for a while longer??

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

You should see 135K without any problems really, as long as the Cambelt, and oil etc has been changed accordingly, - also watch for things like Steering Rack, and Clutch at that mileage, wheel bearings and ball joints are all things that wear anyway so 98K miles i would expect to have to spend a bit of cash keeping it up to scratch!

172 Cup, V6 255, Williams

You should get another 98k out of it, if you change the oil every 4k and keep it well maintained...remember prevention is better than cure...ie replace somthing before they break completely!

I know of a 19 16v that did 212k on the original engine, before the rings finally let go. Even then, thats not a drastically big job...altho the block will be "big" at that mileage.

Paul

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

I cant post pics on here - believe me i would if i was able to!!! Its going really well actually, had a cracking race this morning with a fully kitted Supra, was the Veliside kit too - looked awesome!!!!!!!