ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Will My PI’s Work With An APEX Kit

What about coilovers then eh.

R30BC can I see what the front looks like on your -40mm please?
Will these settle a bit anyway?

Quote: Originally posted by GeeUK on 05 December 2004

Why?
Springs and shocks are supposed to work together not that it should matter hugly but still.

Id use what the kit provides, these supposed drop springs dont matter to be honest there based on original new facotory figures. Mine supposidly down 60mm and it no way that low maybe 40~50 but then again my old stuff had 35k of hammered miles on it

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

also can someone tell me why this kit doesnt fit a 1.6

whats the diff between 1.2 dynamique and 1.6 dynamique

Nice. None close up of the front wheels Rob?

So, as I would be getting the -60mm it shouldnt look too bad compared to my PIs?

H22A7 Accord Type R

Sheep.........The only thing is th engine weight up front.........the rear springs would fit for sure..........The 40mm springs on mine on the back are not a lot higher than Gees 60mm ones....

Quote: Originally posted by R3OBC on 05 December 2004

Sheep.........The only thing is th engine weight up front.........the rear springs would fit for sure..........The 40mm springs on mine on the back are not a lot higher than Gees 60mm ones....
So considering I would be getting -60mm it shouldnt be so bad eh?

H22A7 Accord Type R

Gee im gonna try n get Alan to post on here, he has the 60mm apex kit on his, but the fanny canny take decent pics..........hahah....await a flaming............Alan should be able to help us out here :)

H22A7 Accord Type R

Gee thats day one u tit lol, if the 40mm looks as it does now, i dont think the 60mm is gonna be higher, otherwise it wud be a less than -60mm drop ;)

Looks like I will probs go for the kit over coils.
Sure they are superior but I cant justify the price for a 1.2 really.

Alan, hurry up with those pictures eh. And not in the dark with a camera with no flash. :D

H22A7 Accord Type R

nice one matey!! Alan i know u got 16s and me 17s, but how would u say the height differs between mine and yours?? Front especially

Quote: Originally posted by R3OBC on 05 December 2004

nice one matey!! Alan i know u got 16s and me 17s, but how would u say the height differs between mine and yours?? Front especially
Hee hee!

Quote: Originally posted by mr sheep on 05 December 2004

also can someone tell me why this kit doesnt fit a 1.6
whats the diff between 1.2 dynamique and 1.6 dynamique
1.6 probably have different sized mounts.

The front springs on the more powerful models ie 1.4, 1.5dci and 1.6 seem to be uprated about 50kg in total strenght although the front wont weight that much more. The different front springs are probably less resistant to bending ie stronger.

172 cup'd extreme

some 1.2s are the same as the 1.4, and 1.6 models and have a 58mm spacing on the front struts , my extreme for example uses shocks that fit the 1.4 and 1.6 i replaced mine with spax psx and thats what it said on the invoice.

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

Quote: Originally posted by GeeUK on 05 December 2004

What is that pic sheep?

Your PIs?
that pic my friend is p.i rear springs with no weigh on them apart fromt the rear of the car, the only travel is on the top and bottom coil.

they have not rubbed so much the coating has gone and they are as noisey as hell. hence crap design from cheap springs..