ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Will offset 35 fit my dynamique?

Clio 1.2 8v (2002)
I've seen a set of fox racing alloys for sale for a good price. The offset on them is 35 so would they fit my dynamique (53 reg) or would I need spacers? Thanks!

306 GTI-6
Whats the curent offset? My 1.6 Dynamique alloys were ET43, and I have fitted ET37 OZ Super-Ts.

If the offset is going down, you don't need spacers, if you were increasing the offset, that is when you need spacers.

220 Trophy, 172 Ph2
most 172/182's run an offset of et38 which will widen the track on yours slightly but I have et40's on the 1.2 and I have no problems or heard of any either at the mo.

The lower the no. the wider the wheel.

If you put et35 on you will probably rub on the front and you might catch on the back arch if it's lowered as you will have to fit a wider tyre in there.

i.e 205/40/17 or 215/35/17 for example.

Last edited:
  C2 VTS from Fri
The lower the no. the wider the wheel.

If you put et35 on you will probably rub on the front and you might catch on the back arch if it's lowered as you will have to fit a wider tyre in there.

i.e 205/40/17 or 215/35/17 for example.

Incorrect: The lower the number the more the wheel will come out towards the arch. et35 will move the wheel 5mm further out than et40. If the wheel is wider than existing i.e. 6.5J instad of 6J then a lower offset is better because the extra width will be more on the outside and so less likely to catch the inside edge of the tyre on the arch liner. Offset does not directly affect the tyre size.