ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

will the valver make it?

Mk1 Ph1 92' Valver
im driving from brighton to cornwall next weekin my 92'valver,will i make it?.im having a general check and top up in the days before,just seeing wot peoples opinions are really and what should i keep an eye out for.?

Keep an eye on the oil pressure & the oil temp as well. Make sure the cars fluid levels are fine & check the tyre pressures etc.

172cup
dont know your car... or how its been serviced... or how you drive... or condition... so not sure how we can advise.

as said above... check oil, tyre pressures, coolant, washer level, tighten plugs & rocker covers etc

Mk1 Ph1 92' Valver
dont know your car... or how its been serviced... or how you drive... or condition... so not sure how we can advise.

as said above... check oil, tyre pressures, coolant, washer level, tighten plugs & rocker covers etc
sound a bit stressed there mate! i no that ,im after in general.askin as people with VALVERS on here mite share there opinions with me. :)

Mk1 Ph1 92' Valver
nice1 cat .my eyes wont stray from them,of course the road aswel.hopefully the service and checkover at the stealers ;) next week will make her ready for the journey.

Mk1 Ph1 92' Valver
thats what i think revels.may mate drives a mk4golf gti ands just winding me up. ive had it a few months now,other than brakes being replaced it hasent missed a beat.

Mk1 Ph1 92' Valver
ahh!good thinking batman..last i can remember its got a puncture .of to the tyre shop tmorow for me then.so thats nuts,tyres,liquids,levels,and the pressures on route.nice1 for the help.much appreciated im of to:sleepy: now

Mk1 Ph1 92' Valver
his mk4s chipped ands runnihg at 200bhp.i pull away quicker but hes got loadza torque in al the gears and his power seems to keep coming til it hits top speed.suprized him a few times thow,but it is a tank and proberly weighs near one as you say .toodle pips:sleepy: :sleepy:

his mk4s chipped ands runnihg at 200bhp.i pull away quicker but hes got loadza torque in al the gears and his power seems to keep coming til it hits top speed.suprized him a few times thow,but it is a tank and proberly weighs near one as you say .toodle pips:sleepy: :sleepy:
Ahh, in that case, probs best not to try it on with him then.

Im surprised noone has suggested looking at the condition of the CAMBELT. Looks for tears and frays in the belt - check to see how much tension there is in it - if that bad boys snaps you are in for a whale of a time. And they do snap. a lot.

PHS 1 172 SILVER
yer just keep a eye on temp, and if its anything like mine watch the tick over but you should be fine
;)