ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Will these wheels fit my car?

Clio 1.6vvt Gordini
Hi there!

So I am currently looking into buying some alloy wheels for my Clio GT 128 Gordini: Cades Eros Black Lip Polished

The website states the that the wheel diameter is 16" and the wheel width is 7".

I've never bought wheels before so I wanted to make sure that I am getting the correct size since I'm having to dish out £400 for them.

On my tyres, it says they are 195/ 50 R16

Would the wheels fit my car?

Many thanks! :)

Hi there!

So I am currently looking into buying some alloy wheels for my Clio GT 128 Gordini: Cades Eros Black Lip Polished

The website states the that the wheel diameter is 16" and the wheel width is 7".

I've never bought wheels before so I wanted to make sure that I am getting the correct size since I'm having to dish out £400 for them.

On my tyres, it says they are 195/ 50 R16

Would the wheels fit my car?

Many thanks! :)
You need to check the offset / PCD / hole pattern / centre bore.

Clio 1.6vvt Gordini
You need to check the offset / PCD / hole pattern / centre bore.
These are the stats of my car. The wheel I’m looking at has a 35mm offset.

Attachments

• 22AEE9BC-6197-45C0-A153-512C837116D9.png
    22AEE9BC-6197-45C0-A153-512C837116D9.png
    412 KB · Views: 95
These are the stats of my car. The wheel I’m looking at has a 35mm offset.
ET35? They will sit further out by 13-15mm (ET50 or ET48 minus ET35) if nothing changes from your current wheels (diameter, width) but if the wheels you are considering are wider, half the extra new width will be added to each side of the rim, therefore half the extra new width needs to be added to the 13-15mm.

That screen grab says some standard wheel options are 6.5"x17" ET48, so 7"x17" ET35 are not that much different - they might be fine (in terms of not rubbing on bodywork).

Is the PCD of the new wheels the same as your current wheels?

Is the centre bore the same (or a bit larger)?

Have you worked out which new tyres you would buy? Don't buy expensive alloys and cheap tyres!