ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Will this lense work with a D50 ???

Za**** & Xr250R
I'm very interested in getting a Nikkor AF-S DX VR Zoom 55-200mm f/4-5.6G IF-ED for my D50 but was told my camera has a built in motor so i don't need a lense with a built in motor can anyone confirm this please ???

Thank's :)

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
thats about right, The D50 was the best budget camera they have ever released (imo). then when they brought out the D40 the motor had gone so everyone had issues with lens choices.

The D50 is fine with all AF nikon mount lenses

182 & Porsche 986
Yes. It just means you have an advantage of buying some lens without the motor aswell with auto focusing.

Za**** & Xr250R
Excellent thanks. So is it worth me buying a lense with a built in motor or should i just go for one without? Also how do i tell if a lense has a built in motor? Thanks :)

Za**** & Xr250R
lenses with HSM or AF-S are faster and a lot quieter than lenses that use the camera's motor.

Cheer's :)

So is it worth me buying a lense with a built in motor or should i just go for one without? Also how do i tell if a lense has a built in motor? Thanks :)

Cheer's :)

So is it worth me buying a lense with a built in motor or should i just go for one without? Also how do i tell if a lense has a built in motor? Thanks :)

Pretty much every Nikon lens ever made will work on a D50, it had the same mount as the Pro Nikons of that time. Therefore, you don't actually need a lens with an internal motor to get auto-focus.

As vibrio has mentioned above, 'AF-S' (Nikon), 'HSM' (Sigma), and iirc, 'IF' for Tamron denote an internal focus motor.

I'm very interested in getting a Nikkor AF-S DX VR Zoom 55-200mm f/4-5.6G IF-ED for my D50 but was told my camera has a built in motor so i don't need a lense with a built in motor can anyone confirm this please ???

Thank's :)

You don't need a motor, but the non motorised version of the Nikon 55-200 does not have VR, so if I was you, I would go for the lens you mention. Excellent lens for the money - very good IQ.

Mental 172 Cup
This thread has answered all my questions! I purchased a 70-300 AF lense on eBay the other day but found out it won't work with my D3000 so I've bought a 55-200mm AF-S lense that will! So I will sell the 70-300 if your interested mate :)