ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Williams 0001 For Auction

Status
Not open for further replies.
lagerlout1 said:
I reckon it will go for 10k..... I thought Stromba had first refusal on this? lol

yes - big frank was going to give him a ring when he needed a few quid to buy a new tyre for the F1 car. ;-)

/y0z

i think that is about £5000 too much, might put a bid in, but what would the point be, as you would have to temperature store it and everything to keep it pristene.

/y0z

I'm with Yoz I think - it's great to possess a car that is coveted, but I wouldn't get proper enjoyment from it if it was sat in the garage...

Flash Gordon said:
Sold to King Stromba for £19,250. Bought it privately through agreed sale with Williams F1 and Bonhams.

you taking the piss? lol

i love the williams, but £20k for one? Nah thanks :dead:

Ad

MK2 FRS
19k!!!!
Fair dos to the man thou. Hes got 1&2 now!! Will be getting some publicity for that!!

TDI tyre shreader
More money than sense, i still dont understand the williams, clio with a megane engine and a 19 16v front subframe, no real motorsport heritage and its not even the real 0001 as there were two!!!

If someone has bought the whole collection in one lot, they're probably heavily interested in the formaula 1 cars side of things.... i wouldn't be surprised to see the Williams getting sold soon seeing its really only a road car to a F1 collector

The Jinx
Jones said:
More money than sense, i still dont understand the williams, clio with a megane engine and a 19 16v front subframe, no real motorsport heritage and its not even the real 0001 as there were two!!!

Err, it's not a megane engine and it's not a 19 16v subframe. Oh and it cleared up it it's class in rallying, so has m-sport heritage. It was produced to meet homologation rules in rallying.

Originally they rallied the 1.8 but as the class rules changed everyone moved to 2L, so Renault had to do the same. They cleared up with both engine sizes.

:rasp:

Oh and there's were no other no.1s. There were 2 prototypes before 001. 001 is the first of the production run.

Jones said:

You are quite correct, you really dont understand the Williams!! The engine, the F7R which was a 2L version of the excellent 1.8 16v was built in order to conform with the F2 rally regs. The only other car it has appeared in (apart from the rally car) is the Renault Sport Spider. The Williams came out before the Megane anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.