ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Williams Advice

Righty folks basically I have had a not so well looked after williams for a few years now and I have been neglecting it even more scince i bought the 172!

It had small intermitent problem with the wiring for the lights. Its was also occationally slipping out if fith gear, which I am sure is just the engine/gearbox mount. As it does look rather buggered. It needs a new nr side ball joint, and the off side spring has snapped! There is some rust on the rear off side arch.

God this sounds bad huh!

I think I know what way most people on here are going to direct me. But anyway,

should I

1) sell it the way it is, just to get rid.

2) Break it for all you nice people out there looking for willy parts etc!

3) Fix it up an sell it, which may take some time as I aint got a lot of spare cash at the mo.

4) Keep it as an ornament in my drive (ONLY KIDDING WOULD JUST LOVE TO BUT RELISTICALLY CANT)

So folks gimme some helpfull advice!

Thanks in advance!

will probably get more if you break it but you will always be left with some bits you cant get rid of. i know therell be a few people waitin to snap that lump up though!! personally i would break it but see what other people think first...

Id say 3 cos youd make a lot more money, but since you dont have much spare cash, probably not a realistic option.

2 if you have the time, otherwise itll have to be option 1!

Agree with Riplash. Youd probably make about £1500 from breaking the car, which is definitely not an economical option IMO.

If the car is very original and/or has low mileage, then it would probably be a good idea to get the jobs done and then sell it for a tidy price. I know theres always some debate over Williams prices, but a low mileage one with history should make £5k on an average day (I was seeing 60k milers going for £7k when I was buying!). Of course, now isnt the time to sell, but it would take time to fix the car anyway. Youd probably need a grand to fix what youve mentioned. With some time and care, you could source a lot of parts on here and do some work yourself - perhaps bringing the price down.

As the car is, it doesnt sound as if youd get more than £3k for it. If I were you Id strip the car of any "bad boy" accessories it has, to make the car more attractive to those who would want to make a mini-restoration project out of the car.

Willy2

fix it a sell, make some money back or fix it and keep it as a sunday car, the williams becomes rarer by the day! BTW which one is it 1, 2 or 3?

Quote: Originally posted by J13EOB on 04 January 2004

It had small intermitent problem with the wiring for the lights.
Quick hijack (sorry!!) but does anyone know whats the potential root of these electrical faults that occur?

Loom? Water in the ECU?

Experiencing various gremlins with my car too!!

Willy2

Quote: Originally posted by michaelelder on 04 January 2004

Rajk, you got a new williams to replace the old one?
yep a low willy 2, very reasonably priced, did you sell your fantastic willy3?

172 Cup, V6 255, Williams

Things are about to change for J13EOBs Williams. I have bought it and am planning a full restoration.

Paul

your right!

Well done paul!

Anyone considering doing business with infinicar should not hesitate, great guy!! Give him a pm an see if he can help you out!

This guy knows how to do things proper!! So the williams is in good hands!Just wish I kept to my original plans and done the same, but a 172 came a long an ruined it all!

Good luck with it!

damn, u should have destroyed it for parts and made all of our Williams rarer :D

Nah, honestly tho I cant see me ever selling mine, as they are getting rarer by the day. Ill give mine to my sister when im done with it on a semi-perm loan basis.

172 Cup, V6 255, Williams

I have just completed the 799 mile round trip collecting this car. 15 hours solid driving.

I must be barking......

238 is now in my garage :)

Paul

ps Eddie, thanks for the transaction and comments....we got there in the end!