ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Williams arches?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
northy said:
eh ? u mean are they the same as a valver ?

then yes mate
LOL. s**t...Yes sorry

Rite how should i sort the rust dude...

My cheap option is not an option any more. Can i buy arches cheaply? and cut them and weld them on to the willy?

Winston you've got about 11217862478 cars in your possesion got any aches? lol

MK1 Clio 16v
If Winston does have arches, i need a drivers side rear arch...

Please PM me if anyone has any... :)

williamsclio.co.uk/forum
u can still by full rear 1/4s but u might be best getting a body shop to make some repair sections for you.

CS Dungeon
A new arch from renault is about £1k or something ridiculous like that.

I got mine done at Gladwins bodyshop for £300

They cut the rusty section out (to just below the fuel filler cap), weld in a new section and respray it as good as new

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
weld in a new section.............................Of what tho? random bit of metal? Pics of ur's? ^^

Punto/Clio GTT
Terrorist said:
A new arch from renault is about £1k or something ridiculous like that.

my new rear quarter skin from renault was 200 inc vat (non valver) i expect valver arch to be same priced, perhaps a little more? nowhere near 1k though

Punto/Clio GTT
didnt say ya did cockjockey, just sayin gen renault quarters aint expensive at all.

n you can cut out the rusted section n weld in new sections but if some areas have gone, you might aswell just repalce the entire arch as ide put money the areas you dont cut out will start to rust anyway. can get universal arch strips from most car places for a tenner each. or get a genuine valver arch (which will probably still be on its way to rustyland) and weld that in instead.

either way, best solution is to weld in a new rear quarter both sides, might be slightly more expensive, but if you want it to last then your gonna have to spunk some cash. plus you aint gonna have 2 rear quarters completely clagged up with filler

williamsclio.co.uk/forum
Ali said:
weld in a new section.............................Of what tho? random bit of metal? Pics of ur's? ^^

well a formed bit of random metal.

to a decent bodyshop / fabricators it wont be that hard.

other way is to get a arch from the scrappers and have it modd'ed to fit.

CS Dungeon
Ali said:

Here you go Ali, this is the section they cut out and replaced

Arch.JPG

CS Dungeon
Mister Ego said:
www.clio-williams.co.uk.

King Stromba has now had 4 arches done. Properly. Ask him. Dont listen to the usual sh*t on forums. Speak to someone who knows.

Yeah we all know 002 has had major work done after a prang, the amount of overspray looks like Whitestar painted it:clown:

Oh and the websites s**t, links dont even work on your home page Rob.....maybe you should get a decent designer to knock you up a site and not someone who cant even spell there own name:rofl:

CS Dungeon
Oh, heres a close up Ali...Its all I have on the laptop, have got more at home on the PC if you want me to post them tomorrow I will pop home.
Ignore the paintwork (It was perfect before I had a full respray a few weeks ago)

DSC02058.gif

3 wood
I wish someone funny would try to take me on some day. All these amateurs trying to be me. Ill do the insults, as im funny. You stick to washing cars, or whatever you do.

When williamsclio.co.uk is back up i'll get you a link for rear arch repair panels. They're the proper 16v ones by the looks, about £20 a side.

Matt