ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Williams bonnet Question!

Williams 2
I now have a williams bonnet for my Mk1 Ph3 as you know the ph3 has the rounder lights then the ph1 and 2.

Im thinking of cuting the shape of the Mk1 Ph3 headlight into the bonnet if you know what i mean by this, will this be to much work do you think?

I dont really want to change my headlights because i prefer the Mk1 Ph3 lights to the Ph1 and 2.

Any ideas welcome!

Cheers:)

Clio 200FF Cup RB
Maybe it would be easyier to replace the front lights with the ones from MK1 ph2? Is this even possible?

Punto/Clio GTT
this is a 16v bonnet on a mk 1 ph 3.
the yellow lines ive drew are where the actual bonnet overhangs the headlights. inwards to the yellowlines you can see a gap where the headlight isnt big enough to meet the bonnet.

so in all fairness, unless your gonna cut through glass and stick it on the inside and shape it.. whoever told you you can cut the lights to fit are talking shite.
either badboy a 16v bonnet to fit your lights, or swap them for ph 1/2 or have the bonnet modified to accomodate the rounded headlights

1095874277__16v-phase3_2.gif

Punto/Clio GTT
lol, read it wrong

myself, instead of f**king about adding bits and taking bits away, get an old ph 3 bonnet and cut out the entire light section for both sides, overlap them onto the williams bonnet and mark a line where youve cut.
cut along the line on the williams bonnet then weld in the ph3 plates onto the williams bonnet.
you know that will be a perfect gap then as the bonnet is for a ph3.

be alot less work and also look a damn lot better

Williams 2
i dont really want to cut the bonnet up if i dont have to, i would rather just fill the gap and overhang the bonnet over the lights a bit tho.

Black PH2 172 FF
I was thinking about this for my PH3. You may as well change the lights - much easier and neater, PLUS you'll be able to fit Valver wings as well, which look 10 times better than standard!

Williams 2
i would rather make my car look different then do the same as everyone else has done (front end conversion) i would rather keep my lights and wings and mod the bonnet so it sit flush with my lights and also overhangs them.

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
Ruffneck said:
I was thinking about this for my PH3. You may as well change the lights - much easier and neater, PLUS you'll be able to fit Valver wings as well, which look 10 times better than standard!

You can fit valver wings on a ph3 without changing anything.

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
Jay MK1 said:
i would rather make my car look different then do the same as everyone else has done (front end conversion) i would rather keep my lights and wings and mod the bonnet so it sit flush with my lights and also overhangs them.

Course it can be done, anything can be done for the right price, just find a good body shop and get your money ready.

Williams 2
i no someone that has been doing this sort of stuff since he was 14, he got kicked out of school, so he started working on cars and modding them, so i will get him to help me.

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
Pretty complicated job, guess you'll just have to make sure you measure everything perfectly.

Black PH2 172 FF
Rip3z said:
You can fit valver wings on a ph3 without changing anything.

Will they still fit flush to the headlights though? My local Renault Dealer said they wouldn't......

But if they do, I'm getting some!

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
Ruffneck said:
Will they still fit flush to the headlights though? My local Renault Dealer said they wouldn't......

But if they do, I'm getting some!
Yep the outside edge of the headlight is no different, someone has done it on here v recently if you don't want to take my word for it.

Lol Renault Dealers :D.

EDIT: Valver arch liners are needed too.

Last edited: