ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

williams chip

i no a lot of people have done this. i would like some feedback because i am thinking about doing it. how much more bhp you got how much it was. cheers

I enquired to superchips about there one - for extra bhp - not much is the answer! Maybe 5-10bhp. I think from what ive read a mappable one will make more difference - as you mod you engine more and more it can get remapped I think. Ben or Chris will know the score

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

unichip is prob best bet, but expensive. superchips cant be remapped so if u change ur engine around will need a new one...

Revels Mum & Sister

Chips on NA cars tend to smooth the power out a bit better! Only get massive gains on Turbo cars. And yeah Dastek you can remap for Mods as far as I know!

Revels Mum & Sister

shanemc

Not about the Rev limit. FItting an Induction kit, decat and cams so forth need a chip to help take advantage of these mods. Also I think the IK tends to lean the fuelling out top end. May be wrong but thing I have read that!

Out of the drawer chips are useless. Ignore them.

You need something programmable.

Unichip is only 220 quid the rest is for fitting and tuning.

Anywya BHP willnot increase much if at all on a standard engine. You will get an increase at the economy and noise rev points though as these are leaned off on the stock chip.

Clio 172 cup

personally think the chip works really well on the williams, i have a hillpower one and it knocked a full half second of my quarter mile time