ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Williams Clutch

Clio 172 cup

How much does it cost to have the clutch done at a local garage for the 16v/willy engine

Anyones whos had it done how much did you pay??

cheers

Jim

Williams 2, STi N12

Not much help, I know but I did it myself, dead easy.

Just a good toolbox, socket set and a pair of axle stands. About £130 for the clutch kit.

Clio 172 cup

Bump

Thats quite interesting actually, how long did it take ya mate, did think about doing it myself aswell but looking through the old haynes manual, it seems to look quite complecated, saying that i suppose half the things that it tells you to remove probably isnt necessary???

The only problem is the amount of stuff you have to unbolt and bolt back up.

if you try hard you can tilt the gearbox and you dont have to take it out, but you will have to take the shafts out, and youll need a few bits and bobs.

When i did it i needed new drive flange bolts, new roll pin, um......gearbox oil..........um, clutch kit, hmmmmm.......

if they are std replacements, then they wont be any diff, although in general sachs is more performance orientated in their design and products. But not way of telling without looking at the products

Clio 172 cup

No was just looking on andy spares website and they have an uprated gt tubo clutch kit one is sachs and ones Luk both 65 + vat, think one of these clutches is what K-tec uses for their Group N clutch

just not sure which one???

FYI, you can use the Williams clutch kit without problems. Theyre designed to have higher tolerances because of the extra torque, so it cant be a bad investment for an extra £10-30. I have one fitted at the moment.

RenaultSport clio v6 255

my local garage wanted 650 to replace th eclutch, said it was a 12 hour job or something , its off to BB performance end of the month for an uprated clutch at 440 + vat - 5% cliosport discount, considering the soft clutch pedal, nayone got one???

Very interested about th eDIY chat - is it that easy?? how long did it take ya?

It really is that easy, its just the amount of unbolting and bolting you need to do, and remember where everything came from!!!!!! lol

Took me 2 days of chilled work with a mate standing by chatting.

But it was on the side of the rd with 1 jack, 2 axle stands, no crane and a toolbox. Make sure you buy a clutch alignment tool, too many people do it then get that annoying rumble from the release bearing not sitting properly.

Its not a hard job at all, its a time consuming, tight and messy job, but no one part of it is hard.

I also drained the cooling system at the same time. give you a chance to change gearbox mount too if you want.