ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Williams Crank Shaft

2005 Nissan Navara

Its the same as a 1.9 diesel....plenty of those in scrappies.....so only as much as you want to pay for it.

youd need the pistons aswell to fit it in an F7P + modification of the inside of the block.

So will it fit in the F7P crank case for deffo?, the con rods are the same aint they? what sort of block modifaictaion are we talkin about?

Cheers

2005 Nissan Navara

It will fit after you have taken some of the material away from the insid eof the block/crankcase that fouls the crank due to the larger webs.

Conrods are the same, just pistons that are different....different pin height to allow for extra stroke so piston doesnt sit proud of the deck at TDC

2005 Nissan Navara

use a die-grinder, you can pick one up from machine mart for like £15...than you just need a compressor and some cutting bits!

Clio Mk1 Hybrid

sorry to hijack this topic but if someone wanted to run a lower comp for a turbo could they use williams pistons in a 1.8 block with valver crank?? probably not but i just thought id ask

Dave

Quote: Originally posted by number1 on 19 December 2004

sorry to hijack this topic but if someone wanted to run a lower comp for a turbo could they use williams pistons in a 1.8 block with valver crank?? probably not but i just thought id ask

Dave
The 1.8 Block would require boreing out as the williams pistons are bigger, and i dont think running it on a valver crank would even drop the CR that much, if any!

Would require a lot more work that that me think mate...

Quote: Originally posted by number1 on 19 December 2004

Runnig the valver crank in the 2.0 block would lower the CR considerably to somehting like 5.1 I think BenR mentioned it a while back.

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Dont BB just shave the pistons to lower the c/r?

I know Turboman had custom JE forged pistons made for his valver turbo.