ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

williams problems

just bought myself a williams and having a few problems. first of all i had to have a new alternator put in about two weeks ago. my problem is my battery light stays on when i start the car then it flashes now then while i am driving. any one have any ideas. also does any one now how u can turn the standard alarm and immobliser off. cheers

BMW Z4 2.5si Sport

if I remember right... there is a valet switch on the car somewhere? flick this, and think it will disable it .

I had mine ripped out as it was useless, and wanted new security on it.

the batt light is your alternator. the alarm is switched off by a key, it is located near the washer bottle on my car but been told some had the alarm under/around the glove box

The standard-fit alarm/immobiliser has the turn off key switch under the windscreen cowl pannel near to your fuses and washer bottle. Any over-ride key switch in the glovebox should be for an aftermarket system.

If youve had a new alternator, but the battery light is still flashing, then there must be something else in the circuit wrong. Take it to a garage/auto electrician and get them to test the battery for voltage/amps etc to see whether its pumping out the correct output. It could be something like a dodgy earth or a bad connection.