ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Williams track ****? what set up?

Audi Q7, Avalanche
Thinking of getting a clio williams as a my second car and working on it as a track day car too. just wondering if anyone on here has one and if so what sort of set up they are running? all info would be appreciated?

standard suspension ok? standard wheels with slicks? brakes? tuning mods etc...

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
For a track car, just buy a Valver, fit the wide track and meg bottom end and that leaves you change for suspension of your choice.

Brakes are fine, just get some good pads (ive used 17 quid pads from Halfords at Oulton and they were ok tbh)

strip it and maybe think about changing the standard alloys (the weigh a fuckin ton)

Also, try find one without a sunroof, saves weight and gives better flex on hard corners.

I done this for less than £1700

Thinking of getting a clio williams as a my second car and working on it as a track day car too. just wondering if anyone on here has one and if so what sort of set up they are running? all info would be appreciated?

standard suspension ok? standard wheels with slicks? brakes? tuning mods etc...
Insurance can be expensive. depends what spec is and your age etc

Tere superb track days cars though the problem is there 10 years old or more so whilst suspension and brakes are superb if they havn't been taken care of then can need replacing.

No point using slicks till you've realy learned what the car can do.

Brakes well stock are find FDB 845 are £17.99 at halfords and last well but depending how you drive they can fade on hard track usage (you'd have to realy know the car and push it to do that) there £60 then there 4 pots etc upgrades which the costs ups but are superb. You might nee to ch age the lines and caliper or chnage the seals as they might be old and worn.

For a track car, just buy a Valver, fit the wide track and meg bottom end and that leaves you change for suspension of your choice.

Brakes are fine, just get some good pads (ive used 17 quid pads from Halfords at Oulton and they were ok tbh)

strip it and maybe think about changing the standard alloys (the weigh a f**kin ton)

Also, try find one without a sunroof, saves weight and gives better flex on hard corners.

I done this for less than £1700
You can pick up Williams somtimes for £1.5k though?
Might as well keep the stock car Williams or valver and use that beofre thinking about tunning but learning to drive much better idea.

Audi Q7, Avalanche
im 27 edde so insurance wont be an issue, just sold my mitsubishi Evo so it cant be worse than that lol

i was thinking of getting a standard williams and simply udating the suspension with either stock or uprated 'original' parts to simply 'renew' its original handling prowess, i.e. poly bushes, engine mounts etc.. just cruising the williamsclio.co.uk forum as suggested by maz, seems cool! Valvers are good, but they are expensive when you consider you can get a half decent williams for not much more?

Maz

LY 200
There used to be some good info in the members cars section over there but alot of info was lost when the site went down once iirc :)

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
Williams will be a cheaper option than converting a valver at your own expense. I love the stnd williams suspension....I just stripped & Caged my williams with buckets & polycarbs.

i was thinking of getting a standard williams and simply udating the suspension with either stock or uprated 'original' parts to simply 'renew' its original handling prowess, i.e. poly bushes, engine mounts etc.. just cruising the williamsclio.co.uk forum as suggested by maz, seems cool! Valvers are good, but they are expensive when you consider you can get a half decent williams for not much more?
Forget the poly bshes only worth doing that when your realy taking competitive then your looking at rose joinits etc. Poly mount just wear the other parts to much plus ther not made for the car.

AVO's are the popular coilovers to use. There a group buy going at the moment on Willaims Clio somehting like £300 or so direct if they get enough buyers and there very good.

Engine mnounts well chnaging dogbone is a good idea then idealy use the R19 4th mount between the gearbox and suframe as the holes are already there.

Williams and Valvers prices are quite low there advantages to buying either of them.

Audi Q7, Avalanche
notorius - your car appears to be 'cocking a leg' and taking a piss? haha lovely tri-pod action :rasp: isnt yours for sale?...please....£500? haha

Edde - yeah i can see your point, im being tempted by the williams simply because of its historical context and the suspension differences between that and the valver.

Maz - there was some good stuff in the 'projects' section so that was good to read! thanks for the link, i see you are a member on there too? hmm you sure get around a bit x x haha......joke mwah! love you really.