ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Williams

307 diesel & 1.2 TCE Clio
Having sold my 182 in april 07 to help pay for my flat, it has been sadly missed. I drive around in a 90bhp diesel 307, which is fine for work.

Now i have a little bit of free cash available should i buy a good example Williams for the dry weekends or save for a 197 or 225 as my everyday car? I have a garage for the car, so it could be kept mint.

Opinions please.

if you can afford to run 2 cars , a weekend car sounds great , personally , i'd rather spend the money on one good one to enjoy all the time .

Mustang, S13, AX GT
I have a daily driver and a weekend car, maintaining the weekend car when running a daily driver can be difficult and because of the weekend car I'm starting to get bored of the daily driver, with this in mind I'd say pay for the 197/225 and if you still feel you want/need a project car get a track only project.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I think saving up could take some time as there is a hefty price difference between a williams and the others.

How long would it take to get the cash?

I would prob get a 2nd car regardless.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Yeh fair point, minimum two day a week drive imo.

If i had a 2nd car would use it for work once a week and at weekends.

williams and trophy
best to have 1 for general nobbin about, and 1 to cart the family about in imo. thankfully the mrs has just got rid of her dci n is now runnin round in a valver.....so thats a williams for thrashin, a williams for general, and the valver for the mrs to trash. ;) seems to work quite well tbh, when summats up with 1, u can use the other, so no real rush to get owt done. but then i have the works van as well lol.

307 diesel & 1.2 TCE Clio
I would use it probably more than just the weekend, i'm just so bored of driving the 307, I used to love driving the 182. I want that fun factor, but not with the everyday running costs

williams and trophy
if u get a bad un yeah. get a decent 1 and it will repay the little bit extra purchase cost 10 fold

As long as you get one that's either low mileage or higher mileage with all the major bits that go done already, you should be fine :)

But they do require a fair bit of cash to keep tip-top!

williams and trophy
mine stands me at about 8-9K all up, in the last 6 years ...including the purchase price.

the other one stands me at about £1500 in 2 years, again this includes purchase price.

I'd get a good condition williams. There IMO the best drivers cars of the RS range cars particulay if its a second car.

Cooper S
Surely a REALLY good Williams will cost a shed load now though for a 12-14 year old weekend car? I thought about getting one as a weekend car, but far too many unloved examples out there for me...

Surely a REALLY good Williams will cost a shed load now though for a 12-14 year old weekend car? I thought about getting one as a weekend car, but far too many unloved examples out there for me...

Depends there a load of poorly maintaned cars which drag all there prices and reputation down.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member

You should see my 'shed' ;)