ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Will's '02 Pearl Black 172

will_orridge

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk2 Phase 2 172
To Start the thread...

Throwback to Jan 2020, id had enough of diesel "power" (fabia VRS) and wanted something more brutal for the road and track, after a couple of days of looking i found a 172 for sale on facebook for a very reasonable price went to have a look and collected a couple of weeks later just before the pandemic kicked in the car was on the road.
1st picture.jpg

will_orridge

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk2 Phase 2 172
the car only had two seats fitted when i collected it, no carpets mainly stripped out with the headlining still in, i was dailying the car for a while so replaced the interior with all the trims etc and rear seats refitted it was quite fun to drive but very uncomfortable with the V-MAXX coilovers that were fitted to it and the hideous Jan-speed exhaust fitted. First Modifications incoming...
rs seats.jpg

will_orridge

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk2 Phase 2 172
first mods.. Corbeau Revenge seat and securon harness... the standard passenger seat still in whilst i was trying to get someone to sell me one over the pandemic.
Corbeau seat.jpg

will_orridge

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk2 Phase 2 172
i also didnt really like the wheels fitted to the car they gave off magnet through halfords vibes, i managed to find a set of Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 Wrapped in Nankang NS2R tyres i think these transformed the car.
Team Dynamics.jpg

will_orridge

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk2 Phase 2 172
The next stop was a Caged Laser Engineering half cage and OMP rear strut brace and finally the additional corbeau sprint seat for the passenger side and not forgetting the k-tec super stealth exhaust to give the car a lot more rasp. these also sound awesome when the car comes on to cam! removal of the interior was finally back :D

Attachments

• interior.jpg
    interior.jpg
    298.5 KB · Views: 40

will_orridge

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk2 Phase 2 172
Swapped the reg over on to my car next and found a nice barn conversion i was staying at to take some pictures oh and fitted the OMP front and rear tow hooks with a Pure Motosport Shifter and Trophy spoiler.
clio at the barn.jpg

will_orridge

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk2 Phase 2 172
Shortly after my holiday to the barn, my bottom pulley let go as someone had previously bodged the air con delete and left the compressor on open to the elements, so the vibration damper took my cambelt off and destroyed my engine, ive rebuilt the head with new valves cams etc and the engine is ready to go back in the car but i bought another 172 engine to keep the car on the road whilst i fixed the other one. This month ive bought some AT power ITBS and managment and all the rest of the gubbins to go with it. a PMS Air con delete, and a set of SPAX RSX coilovers with pms top mounts and upper front brace. Pictures to follow as the cars a work in progress atm!
engine bay.jpg
inlet porting.jpg
PMS brace.jpg

will_orridge

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk2 Phase 2 172
ITB'S, PH1 Throttle pedal and cable, polo radiator, PMS coil relocation bracket and SC'S Typhoon 2 ECU apologies in advance got quite a bit of work to do on the car before i post any more updates "ILL BE BACK" to be continued...

Attachments

• itb 1.jpg
    itb 1.jpg
    555.2 KB · Views: 31
  • itb 2.jpg
    itb 2.jpg
    330.2 KB · Views: 28
  • itb 3.jpg
    itb 3.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 28

will_orridge

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk2 Phase 2 172
found another picture from my camera roll, this is with the new Spax
RSX fitted.jpg
RSX suspension fitted, im a lot happier with the height its at now maybe lower a little more she drives 100% better. ive also added some eibach camber bolts to the front hubs too and going to order the rear camber shims from PMS Thanks for looking :)

will_orridge

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk2 Phase 2 172
Another update, only a baby one this time... I know the engine bay looks a mess ATM it is a work in progress, im going to be removing the engine again soon and the subframe as ive got another one to fit with new bushes, bottom arms, steering rack, track rods and track rod ends, bottom ball joints etc, also to finally fix the dreaded selector seal oil leak. Anyway back to the drawing board, heres the PMS A/C delete fitted.
ac delete fitted.jpg
ac delete.jpg

will_orridge

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk2 Phase 2 172
Another memory popped up from my snapchat memories yesterday :'( my crank pulley decided it didnt want the dampning piece fitted anymore and took my cambelt off at about 6K RPM here we are sat on the A453 looking excessively sorry for itself and also this weekend ive replaced the half cage with a full one i picked up and my half cage has been sold to get another car out on track :) Update with the ITBS in the next couple of weeks. the new cage is going to be welded back into the car once the new gussets arrive and then painted properly inside the car
cambelt came off.jpg

half cage.jpg
full cage.jpg

will_orridge

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk2 Phase 2 172
So i thought id put in a little bit of a sneak peak of what ive now got to fit to the 172, The 106 is still a work in progress with very little getting done to it atm as i need the clio back out on the road. so here we have the AT Power DTH ITBS im very impressed with the kit and there seems to be a lot of development gone into it.
itbs 1.jpg
at power.jpg