ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

willy 2 engine misfiring at high revs

when bootin it up to about 70-80 in 3rd my engine misfires, what could this be, ive only had it a few days, hope this is nothing major :cry:

Clio 197

Check out the ignition leads. The insulation wears out where they go under the plastic cover. Mine was misfiring and that was the cause...

FRST and 106 GTi

Like Eddd said, check the leads. Also check the dist cap and rotor. There could be too much wear.

Take a spark plug out and check it. Take a good look at it for gap and for its colour. That might help.

Good Luck.

it hapenned quite quick so i didnt get to see where the revs were,ill take it out a spin tonight and see if it still happens,other than that, what a car,ive been wanting one for so long and to finally get one is minted,its lived up to my every expectation,what a car!!

cheers for the replys

Williams 2, STi N12

It took me a while to get used to the power delivery and when exactly to change up..I know it sounds silly but seriously it took me around a week or so.

My previous car you could feel the torque reduce at the top end so you knew when to change up..with the willy it just seems to keep going and there is no reduction in pulling power so you sometimes forget to chance before sticking it on the limiter. If it wasnt for the limiter I would of spanked the engine in the first week Im sure!