ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Willy Ice set-up

What should i use for decent sound in the front of my williams? bearing in mind you cant have front door speakers, only the 100mm ones in the dash.

Then what, disconnect the rear speakers or upgrade them? Then what about a sub, looking for one 12" in a sealed box really, dont want to carry round or power two. I am after a decent overall sound with good bass, doesnt need to be earth shattering though and i dont want to spend a fortune.

Got a middle of the range kenwood HU with one pre-out by the way.

Help!

I see your best option here if you only have 1 preout is something similar to an install that we did a few weeks back in a valver which sounded sweet. That consisted of the following.

JBL GTO6000 6 Channel Amp - £159

Audiobahn ACX402 10cm Coaxials in dash - £94

Same speakers for rear - £94

JL Audio 12W0 in Sealed 0.85cuft box - £129

Total Price - £476 + cabling.

The speakers may only be small but they have superb midrange and nice subtle highs. You could go for a larger size in the rear but it might be a bit overpowering.

For a better sounding and louder option you might want to look at the Audiobahn ABC4002T 4" carbon fibre components for the front but they are £178. They would still run well off the JBL amp though as they would get anout 75watts RMS.

Hope that helps

Russ

Cut holes in the doors and stick some 17cms in their. Youll really appreciate the sound and its not that hard work ! Only took me an hour to fit 17cms with HUGE magnets into my Mk1 Clio Fidji

that didnt have holes till i made some ;)

Ha ha, you forgot wiring linking the lot together!

just wanting something half decent as i clock up the miles on the way to work...